Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Should I be concerned???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flavioguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-06-28

Should I be concerned??? Empty
PostSubject: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm considering purchasing a 2008 Silverwing (ABS) with 1200 miles for $4800.  I would be the 3rd owner.  The engine oil has NEVER been changed.  That concerns me......will this scoot's motor be compromised by this lack of maintenance?  Oh...I would have to drive 60 miles back to my place before I could change the oil myself.

What would you do?

BTW - the lowest price for a new 2013 that I see in my area (Southern CA) is $7499 plus fees, etc. Is that comparable to other areas of the US?

Last edited by flavioguy on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:39 pm

That seems a lot of money for a 2008. I'm sure the blue book is much less than that. I would offer about $3500 even though it is low miles. Just as long as it runs good but then if there have been 2 owners and only 1200 miles that would concern me as well. Since it is 6 years old you might need to replace the tires and belt even though there are very few miles.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm

I agree with Jeff. The bike is 6 years old. You should be paying at least $1k less, especially since you would be the third owner. If the oil level is OK and it's not thick and black with sludge, you should be fine driving it home and then changing the oil and filter, along with the coolant and brake fluid.
Back to top Go down
flavioguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks Jeff and Bigbird for your input. You guys always have great responses!

I'm also looking at a new 2013 SW for $8300 OTD (includes 9% sales). That's about the best price I can squeeze out of any dealer. Probably seems high but in California.......... Shocked  I suppose if I waited a few more months as the 2013s sit on the lot for a longer period a better deal could be had?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 pm

That is not a bad deal for a 2013. It seems the newer ones get a little bit better mpg's from the older ones as well. My 2007 would get about 50 mpg if ridden the speed limit and it seems the newer ones get close to 55 mpg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I be concerned???   Should I be concerned??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I be concerned???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: