Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

West Country Rideout 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paulc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-11-10

West Country Rideout 4 Empty
PostSubject: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am

I have organised a run round the West Country (UK, of course) for the last 3 years, and his one will no 4. Date 7 June, 10am for 10.30 start, meet In the car park at Travelodge Wincanton on the A303. About 98 miles, Somerset levels, Weston Super Mare, Mendips, and back to Wincanton by 4 or 5pm.
This is on the X9 Owners & Riders Club where there are already several Swing riders, and anyone on this forum will be welcome. Let me know if you UK riders fancy coming along.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes please; 1,2 and 3 have all been excellent! Smile 
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Ride Out   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm

paulc wrote:
I have organised a run round  the West Country (UK, of course) for the last 3 years, and his one will no 4. Date 7 June, 10am for 10.30 start, meet In the car park at Travelodge Wincanton on the A303. About 98 miles, Somerset levels, Weston Super Mare, Mendips, and back to Wincanton by 4 or 5pm.
This is on the X9 Owners & Riders Club where there are already several Swing riders, and anyone on this forum will be welcome. Let me know if you UK riders fancy coming along.

Yes I would like to come, have put the date in my diary.
Back to top Go down
paulc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Excellent! Will keep you in touch as we get nearer date.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:46 pm

I know Paul's extremely busy so I'm bumping this Ride especially since I know one or two UK riders have joined recently enough to have overlooked this thread.
Back to top Go down
paulc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks MikeO! It's definitely on- meet at the Wincanton Travelodge by the A303 ready for 10.30 depart. There's a Morrisons petrol station next door for filling. I have recce'd most of the route and will do the last bit before the end of May. It promises to be a cracker of a ride- not as far west as Weston, but found a couple of nice roads over the Mendips. No farm tracks with big holes this year, I promise.
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Disappointed   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

paulc wrote:
Thanks MikeO! It's definitely on- meet at the Wincanton Travelodge by the A303 ready for 10.30 depart. There's a Morrisons petrol station next door for filling. I have recce'd most of the route and will do the last bit before the end of May. It promises to be a cracker of a ride- not as far west as Weston, but found a couple of nice roads over the Mendips. No farm tracks with big holes this year, I promise.

Hi,
I have been looking forward to the ride out all winter and have just found out I have to work on the 7th June I am gutted.
I will keep my eye on the forum and hope to be able to go on any ridout that comes up this year.
Regards Ron
Back to top Go down
paulc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Shame... There will be others..
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:00 pm

I posted this on my Facebook page just now:

Had a super day out riding with friends. We met at Wincanton and set off at 10.30. taking in Nunney where the castle is, various other places and arriving in Wells for refreshment. Then we set off again and headed for Cheddar Gorge, duly ridden up, and a bit further to a pleasant hostelry in the Little Gorge (?) for lunch. On to Somerton for tea and back to Wincanton where we went our separate ways. I left home at 8.50. and arrived back at 6.00. - 60 miles to and from the rendezvous plus 108 miles on the rideout itself. I got heavily rained on on the A303 on my outward journey and we caught a couple of heavy showers whilst traversing the Mendips (range of hills) but we were all kitted out properly and this afternoon had to shed the waterproofs because the weather turned sunny and warm. Fabulous!

My Silverwing averaged 64.84 MPG (English gallons) on the rideout proper.

A thousand thanks to Paul for this the fourth great West Country Rideout - number 5 is already in mind I think!

For any railway buffs: there was a class of Great Western steam locomotives designated 'Castles' (4-6-0), all of which were named after British castles (of which there are a great many). With the demise of Steam in the 1960's vast numbers of locomotives were scrapped. However, enthusiasts rescued quite a few from the scrap-yards and rebuilt them. One of these saved just happens to be Nunney Castle. Here's a link:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_4073_Class

and:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_4073_Class_5029_Nunney_Castle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Country Rideout 4   West Country Rideout 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

West Country Rideout 4
Page 1 of 1