Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Extended Warranty

Go down 
+4
john grinsel
GHM-PM
tinman
mike712
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mike712
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Honda Extended Warranty Empty
PostSubject: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:08 pm

I purchased a new 2012 SW in June 2013. I am thinking purchasing Honda's extended warranty for 48 months at a cost of $650.00. I would like the forum members opinions. Is it a good deal or a waste of $? I can change oil but that is about the extent of my mechanical abilities.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm

The extended warranty is good If you  ride at least 20 k miles a year , in 5 years you are covered for 100k miles,and depending what the warranty covers.It is worth it if you ride that much ,and have triple A road side assistance insurance to go with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:56 pm

I bought the extended for my 2012 taking warranty up to 5 years. Normally I don't but since I declined it they kept lowering the price of it to a bit under $400.00 so I figured I couldn't lose much. So far it is looking like I won't need it... No problems so far in over 12K miles.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 am

$400 maybe good deal...if you ride a lot (of miles) and keep bike a long time. But do they pay claims? As miles pile up most are denied as wear and tear items. SilverWing has no major part failures that I am aware of that you have to look out for.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 am

$400 maybe good deal...if you ride a lot (of miles) and keep bike a long time. But do they pay claims? As miles pile up most are denied as wear and tear items. SilverWing has no major part failures that I am aware of that you have to look out for.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Is there an echo in here?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I can't yet speak for SW but I did have a Goldwing and had a 7 year warranty on it. I kept it throughout and the warrantor paid every claim including headlights. I put 115K on the bike and had a few electrical problems, cruise control problems they even paid for a worn out rubber foot peg (top wear). Who ever does this for Honda stands behind their policy. Yes I will buy one again.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Maintenance agreement   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 pm

I can speak now, I bought a 4 year maintenance agreement for my new 2011 Silverwing @ 100$ per year total 400$. I think these are worth the cost. This dealer does not sell "service contracts".
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:49 pm

I didn't buy one when I bought mine in 2007 but gambled really. I did buy a 5 year plan on my new Honda though. They are really good to have just in case something does happen.
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Is this Honda, the same as the original warranty, or someone else? Best pricing seems to be $400 for 4 extra years?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Usually those "extended warranties" do not cover routine maintenance. Sonwhen it's time for that 1st service the dealer won't have any problem charging you several hundred dollars for the "service" they allegedly performed. Likewise when it's time to change the belt at 16,000 miles, you'll pay for all of that too.

If you are me mechanically inclined and are able to do your own service and basic repairs then you'll be much better served by purchasing the Factor Service Manual.

Just my 2¢

Tim
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Honda Extended Warranty   Honda Extended Warranty I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 pm

No, I know it wouldn't take care of maintenance, just items that would be covered by the original warranty like alternator or whatever. I'm not mechanically inclined at all. I'll be finding a good scooter mechanic.
Back to top Go down

Honda Extended Warranty
Page 1 of 1