Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel Filter?

Go down 
+3
model28a
Ofer Rothmann
GHM-PM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Sorry if this has been brought up already but I did a search and nothing popped up. Anyway, every fuel injected (in fact most vehicles) have a fuel filter to change. Does the SWing?

Thanks in advance. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes,
It's located in the fuel tank.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Not normally in need of service. And as Ofer said " It's located in the fuel tank."
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

As my bike was standing for a while before I bought it, I would still like to know if it is easy to replace?

Any more info on this would be welcome. I've been using 95 Unleaded fuel for the last two years but who knows what went before?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Loosebearing wrote:
As my bike was standing for a while before I bought it, I would still like to know if it is easy to replace?

This is a fine example of the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

But if you insist. First you remove the front cover, the inner cover/floor upper cover and the tunnel cover --which may be easier if you also remove the seat first. Then remove the side skirts, the lower frame and the under cover. While you are down there remove the two lower fuel tank bolts. Then come back up and remove the one top tank mount nut (above the fuel fill) and unplug the wire harness at the fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel delivery and return lines and finagle the fuel tank down thru the bottom of the frame.

Now the easy part: remove the 6 or 8 nuts holding the fuel pump assembly and take the fuel pump out of the tank.

The fuel filter is the cannister thing. Luckily it is replaceable and is somewhat common to Honda Accords if it does not appear to be a part available from your local Honda motorcyle source.

Then it's a just simple matter of reversing the steps to reassemble everything --after you've repaired all the broken tabs you've discovered.

It's easier the second time.

I suggest a generous fuel system treatments with Techron fuel additive before going to the above effforts.

See FSM pages 5-82 to 5-88 for more specific info.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 am

My 08 SWing sat for two years before I bought it. It had 1/2 tank of gas in it for those 2 years. When I got it home from FL I hooked jumper cables to it from my pickup without starting the pickup. It turned over about 3 times and popped right off and ran perfect with no smoking, backfiring or anything bad. Once I got all the parts on it to make it road worthy again I dumped 1/2 can of Seafoam in the tank and ran to the gas station and filled it up. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 am

Dale N. wrote:
My 08 SWing sat for two years before I bought it. It had 1/2 tank of gas in it for those 2 years. When I got it home from FL I hooked jumper cables to it from my pickup without starting the pickup. It turned over about 3 times and popped right off and ran perfect with no smoking, backfiring or anything bad. Once I got all the parts on it to make it road worthy again I dumped 1/2 can of Seafoam in the tank and ran to the gas station and filled it up. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

Just my two cents.

Hi Dale N., Try Lacquer thinner Next time, An ounce to the gallon will clean up your Fuel system, Without the excessive cost of those fuel treatment products. I save used Lacquer Thinner, Strained thru coffee filter and into the Gas tank. One ounce per Gallon will do excellent Fuel System Cleaning, Also works with Carburetor's. Happy Motoring Lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fuel Filter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Filter?
Page 1 of 1