Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Honda forza I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda forza

Go down 
+11
Meldrew
Greysilver
DarthJ
powpilot
derekg
john grinsel
GHM-PM
Dimond
"Hi Yo"
robert
woodworker
15 posters
AuthorMessage
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:10 am

New too this forum so bear with me all.Did not know if i should post this discussion elsewhere on this site ,so if i got it wrong please forgive me.On the 31st august my local honda dealer asked me if i was interested in a test ride of the new 300i forza.So license in hand off i went too take them up on the offer,too say i was a little curious would be a understatement.The bike certainly eyecatching like a large pcx ,got aboard nice low seat well padded off i went.Really got some looks going down the road, the bike only had 66 miles on the clock so took it easy,anyway the test ride uneventful but i will not be purchaseing a forza heres why; the 13" rear wheel and 14" front wheel seem too handle corners well but hit a pothole and your in for a bad spine jarring experience despite the padded seat.Reason 2, when you hit 50mph the crosswinds affect the bike badly,reason 3 hit 50mph again and the wind coming over the short screen forces you back on the seat.I guess a taller screen will sort that out ,but the real issue i had with the forza was its performance.I went too overtake a truck doing 30mph made sure the road ahead clear signalled pulled out cranked her open ,then i waited i waited eventually hit 50mph and got past the truck.If that would have been my sh 300i i would have been long gone, i dont know if the extra wieght of the forza a factor or the tight engine or both.When i got back i told the salesman my findings and all he said we can have one for you next week.No thanks i replied i will stick with the sh until i found out more about the forzas performance.When i got home looked at the honda brochure the sh kicks out 20kw of power and the forza well well 17.9kw and carrying a extre 24 kilos .Hope these observations prove helpful too anyone interested in a forza ,oh also been told the forza the replacement for the sh 300i .Go steady scooterists.
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Get a SilverWing, sure to put a smile on your face, good luck and Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Honda forza 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Woodworker, nice report, but it would have been better to put it in the "other scooters" section. Robert, he said the Silver Wing was too big to go beside his house in his nice introduction. I think he needs to look for a new house. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 pm

The Forza weighs 100 pounds less than SWing with half the displacement - this scoot is way too heavy for the size of its engine!
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 am

Hi silverwing guru , appreciate the advice on where too post different topics .Must admit i am more of a hammer and nails man than a finger nails and p.c. keyboard man ha .But will get the hang off it eventually .
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:33 am

Hi robert never had a go on a silverwing ,i live on a embankment the pathway is only 4 feet wide and a 10feet drop on one side so limited too what scoot i can have .Negotiateing my front gate with something as big as the wing would be a real challenge .Plus as i said where the scoot lives is a narrow alley down the side of my house,and oh the wife would never move maybe i need a new wife ha ha.Be safe.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:38 am

Hi dimond , i agree with you why would you make a heavier scooter with less power ?Needs too be a 400cc what are they thinking off.Getting off the subject can you tell me in the authors box whats the pionts all about ?thanks.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 8:54 am

Nice feedback! I am not in the market for one but it is good to hear from someone that has actually ridden one. I have seen several in dealers and am impressed with the looks, and the feel from just sitting on it. It is definitely lighter than the Silver Wing; but the smooth controllable power of the SWing is what I like!
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:05 am

Hi ghm ,no doubting the good looks of the forza interestingly the dash dare i say looks a bit like a silverwings dash.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I have not seen Forza in the flesh---but think it is a Reflex with slight overbore and crappy windshield.

I have not seen US model Forza in the flesh and I think it is a Reflex do over with crappy windshield and slight overbore.

Comparison between sub 300 cc bike and 600cc bike is apples and oranges situation.

I had new Reflex...at 22,500 miles it and me run over by lady on cell phone---bike total loss, me had to have hand fixed. Reflex not bad scooter.....and fairly easy valve adjustment...no shims.....but drive line had to be taken apart for belt change.

Time will tell if it market success.

Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 am

Hi john grinsel whats a honda reflex?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:10 am

Previous Honda scooter.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 am

Got ya john ,heard alot of people refering too the reflex i guess different countries different names for vehicles and some different models.Must do some reflex ology good for the jionts ,go steady.
Back to top Go down

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 am

woodworker wrote:
Getting off the subject can you tell me in the authors box whats the pionts all about ?thanks.
The answer to that would be ..........

dspevack wrote:
You get points for posts, and more points for starting topics. That's all I remember about them.
Your title changes at different levels of posts:
LevelPosts Needed # of People Currently At That Level
Scooter Rider 0 1740
Maxi-Scooter Rider10035
Super Scooter Rider20014
Touring Scooter Rider30010
Silverwing Rider4000
SilverWing Expert5000
Silver Wing Guru10008

Site admin Title takes precedence over level, so no matter how many posts we have made our level is the same: Site Admin

Taken from  ..

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4237-points-under-latest-topics?highlight=member+points
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks bern all becomes clear be safe.
Back to top Go down
derekg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Just taken delivery  two weeks ago of  a new NSS Forza seal silver colour and I think its just a fantastic machine I have to say. I read all the various comments on many sites both positive and negative but I find it extremely nippy and fast, ( certainly fast enough for me) very comfortable, easy to wheel about, nice low sitting position, good leg room , excellent fuel consumption, good mirrors and gives a good balance between City/town travel and open road touring travel. Of course I was not a Silverwing owner ( but the European SWing 125 cc bike) so perhaps you would find it down sizing too much. I find it sits really well on the road in cross winds at any speed and ABS comes as standard fit. . I agree with the low screen comments and am fitting the higher screen.. I had been toying with getting a Silverwing but am glad I plumped for the Forza. No offense meant to anyone but wanted to post my views  as from a new owner of one.
Probably means I will now be less of a visitor to this excellent site where I learned  a load of great advice and stuff and I repeat my thanks to everyone who posted such great information .Found a Forza  site but nothing near as informative or in depth as this site although to be fair they are at early stages.. Now need to source a works manual for the bike...seems its such a new bike that in the UK none as yet available from the usual places..
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice post, Derek, and much more in line with reality than the OP. I have 1000 miles on my Forza and today rode with 2 SWings, 2 Burgi 650's, a Piaggio of some sort and an FZ-70. Up the Interstate at 70 -75MPH with no strain, thru backroad twists and turns with grace and solid performance and had no more difficulty with crosswinds than any of the other riders. I had no difficulty passing on either the interstate or on the back roads. So far I'm getting 74 MPG US, at least according to the gauge on the scoot. I have a 30" inseam, so the bike fits me pretty well although I can see where taller riders might want more legroom.

Would I like a SWing? Yes. Will I buy one? If I can get my wife riding with me, probably. For two up touring, I think the Forza would be marginal although I have not tried it. But overall, the Forza is a great bike with plenty of power for most riders and shouldn't be disparaged.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm

powpilot, sounds like you had a good ride.  All I did was hit UTEP and get tickets for a ballgame.  Agree that if you're going to ride solo and the Forza meets your needs, no reason to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 pm

What ballgame Jim? And that Shadow Aero sure is a pretty bike!

Gary
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 am

The Forza is a glorified 250 and not much more. I don't see where Honda plans to sell these except maybe to students.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:25 am

powpilot wrote:
What ballgame Jim?  And that Shadow Aero sure is a pretty bike!

Gary

Taking my riding partner and best friend (same woman) to the Chihuahuas game on the 26th Love the Aero, just wish Honda would let us and SWing owners choose more than one or two colors. I like red, but I'd still like a choice.
Back to top Go down
derekg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 am

I agree Powpilot. The Forza might struggle with two up for any reasonable length of ride but as my wife wont go near two wheels and prefers being chauffeured around that's never going to be an issue for me...but for others ..yes..so the bike suits all my needs.
Its a long time since I was a student Greysilver but I will now ride thinking I am one...thanks.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 am

Greysilver wrote:
The Forza is a glorified 250 and not much more. I don't see where Honda plans to sell these except maybe to students.

Really, there's a whole world outside mainland USA where the Forza and other glorified 250’s find a ready market. If you'd joined the forum a few months earlier you would have known about the recently discontinued and popular Honda SH 300i that was plugged at every opportunity on here by woodworker. The Forza replaces it in the Honda UK scooter range

Here's a few other 300's available in the UK and Europe that "students" might like to choose from. There's the SYM JoyMax GTS, and City Comm. The Piaggio X7 Evo, and 3 wheel MP3 Touring, and Yourban. Then there's the Aprilia Sportscity, and SR, the trad style Vespa GTS, and GTV. There's the Kymco Downtown, and a new scooter from Kawasaki that it's based on the recently introduced J300.

Silly me, I nearly forgot to mention those other student favourite 300’s, the TGB Bellavita, the Peugeot Satelis and it's large wheeled sibling the Geopolis.  

Fancy something different like a 300cc scooter with 3 wheels and a folding roof, then the Adiva AD3 is exactly what you need.

It's a good time to be a student.

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:53 am

The police in Belgium (and probably police in other Western European countries too) use Forza 250's with great effect. Wink 
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am

At $6,000 a pop, I wonder how many students will be buying Forza's.

I'll repeat ... the Forza does not deserve disparagement. A 279cc engine which produces highway speeds of 70+ MPH and 70+ MPG is a marvel, not at object of derision. In the heavy winds of the desert southwest, crosswind handling as been just fine with both the original windscreen and the higher screen which I now ride behind.

Like most males (and even in my advancing years), I want faster horses, younger women and older whiskey. But the Forza still fits a part of the market and can be respected for what it is.

Gary
Back to top Go down
flaboye
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
flaboye

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-06-23

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am

I just retired my '01 reflex. She did just under 76,000 miles. The forza is very similar and I suspect the ride is similar as well. I went basically everywhere on the reflex, Miami, New Orleans, Bike Week in Daytona a few times, and Biketoberfest also in Daytona. It averaged 65 mpg or better. A little high on rpm's at 60+ but 60 was a comfortable speed in any event. That's a LOT of miles on a piston the size of a quarter or so. All I ever did was replace tires, belts, oil changes, and that's it. I suspect you'll thoroughly enjoy your Forza. When I was looking for another reflex I came across a Silverwing for a price I couldn't pass up, so I'm back on a Swing. When I have some spare time I am going to tear the reflex down to see why it quit running, it's probably something simple. I really wanted to get her to 100,000 :-)
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am

I have only really heard good things about the Forza. That is is plenty powerful enough for the interstate and gives a nice comfortable ride. Some may not find it comfortable but they usually say it is because of their body type. Some scoots/mc's aren't comfortable for me but they are really good for others. The Reflex I had was only 19.5 hp and this Forza is 24.5 so I would think that would really help. Plus it has the same size tires as the Swing so I would think it would be stable.
Back to top Go down
flaboye
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
flaboye

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 am

Yea, the couple of things that I thought about for an improvement on the reflex they seem to have done on the Forza, as you pointed out Jeff, a little more HP and the tires as well. At 5'11 the Swing and Reflex both work out just great for comfort, leg room, etc.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Flaboye .... I've been eyeing a used Silverwing on the other side of town that is in good shape and well priced.  The thing is, I've jumped back to riding with two feet and bought two scoots in 8 weeks.  If I came home with a 3rd right now, I'm afraid my wife might do something terrible to me in the middle of the night! Anybody wanna buy a PCX 150?

Enjoy the ride.

Gary
Back to top Go down
flaboye
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
flaboye

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Lol. Well I had in mind to spend about 2,200 or so, I found a few reflexes with about 5,000 miles right around that range, then I found a 2004 Swing which I got for 1,800.00 after making an offer of that, with a little over 5,200 miles on it, so of course I grabbed that, can't go wrong there. But yea I hear you on the 3rd toy, she might not be too pleased !! But I do understand the itch finding something at a great price makes you want to just "buy it".
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Lol, Gary, still, if it's something you really want and can convince her not to murder you in your sleep or anything like that, think the Wing would be a great addition. I'm glad my wife looks for bikes for me, she found a wrecked Victory she thought would be a good project for me, too bad the place just buys and doesn't sell.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:23 pm

derekg wrote:

Its a long time since I was a student Greysilver but I will now ride thinking I am one...thanks.

I was riding around the other day thinking those kind of thoughts and feeling young again ... then a car full of kids pulled up next to me at a stoplight and one said "Nice ride, Grandpa!" and POOF!
Back to top Go down
derekg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:35 pm

wee b------s
as we say in Scotland!!
spoiling the illusion....
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

flaboye wrote:
then I found a 2004 Swing which I got for 1,800.00 after making an offer of that, with a little over 5,200 miles on it, so of course I grabbed that, can't go wrong there.

That's a terrific buy!! Congratulations!

Gary
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I cannot fit on a Forza. It's just too short and cramped for my knees. My advice, ride one before you buy one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honda forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda forza   Honda forza I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda forza
Page 1 of 1