Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Where did they get these prices from?

Go down 
+6
Winger61
sidewinder
jspiero
wingmann
Cosmic_Jumper
Ofer Rothmann
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Where did they get these prices from? Empty
PostSubject: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:34 am

Hi All,

At the end of the month I get a vacation from work so I decided to do a little maintenance on my 2006 Silverwing.
I called the Honda dealership in Israel to get a quote on roller weights and timing tensioner (stock),

The prices I got was (you may want to sit down Shocked ) :
Roller weights 460 NIS +VAT 18% - about 150$ US.
Timing tensioner 650 NIS +VAT 18% - about 213$ US

I asked the guy if they were made out of gold (28 gram wheights mey cost you a little bit Smile )but he was dead serious about these prices.affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 am

Try these bud ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roller-Weights-27g-28x20mm-Honda-Silverwing-600-600cc-/160562343677?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item256242eefd#shId ... says worldwide postage available
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't know anything about a Timing Tensioner --no one here as ever posted any problems or concerns about it. But you should probably consider contacting Dr Pulley (www.unionmaterial.com) for a set of their 28gm or 26 gm sliding ("Sliders") roller weights.

Your Silverwing will be much better off for changing to the Sliders and they're certainly going to cost you a whole lot less than that outrageous dealer quote. HTH

Tim
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 am

My Silverwing did 66,000km and I want to replace the timing tensioner (aka cam chain tensioner) to be on the safe side before it will fail.

I'm planning to take off the plastic covers all around my Silverwing in order to repair some plastic damage and perform a valve adjustment so if I'm already there I should replace the tensioner as well.

Can someone recommend a good dealer that willing to ship this part to Israel?
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Dose the silverwing have a lot of trouble with the cam chain tensioner if so how many miles before it goes bad. I have never herd that the silverwing has trouble with the cam chain tensoiner
Back to top Go down
jspiero
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Two questions if I may.

1. Who has had experience with the Dr. Pulley Roller weights and how was it?
2. Which of the weights suits the Swing 600 best?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: 2003 Silver Wing Honda Scooter drive belt
Help
Can anyone help me with the part number for the drive belt. Also, advise on best brands to buy.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 pm

jspiero wrote:
Two questions if I may.

Thanks!
Lots of folks here have upgraded to Dr Pulley sliding roller weights. Everyone who has made the change has been very happy with the results --well maybe one old curmudgeon out there wasn't.

The most popular Dr Pulley "sliders" are 28 gm (the same as the OEM roller weights)' followed by 26 gm sliders. You can also get lower weight sliders or rollers, either of which will give you a dramatic acceleration increase at the expense of top end speed and fuel economy.

I've been using 28 gm Dr Pulley sliders for about 8 years and have ben very happy with the,. Also, they haven't worn out the way OEM rollers do. HTH

TIM
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm

sidewinder wrote:
Re: 2003 Silver Wing Honda Scooter drive belt
Help
Can anyone help me with the part number for the drive belt.  Also, advise on best brands to buy.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Drive belt part  no. is 23100-MCT-003.
Makinaparts.com list the belt at 79.79 euros/$108/£67 - OEM belt.
Don't know if they ship to the US though. (They are in Greece)

Graham
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:01 pm

jspiero wrote:
Two questions if I may.

Thanks!
Fantastic $60 investment for your SWing - great smoothness and more pep during acceleration. I have 24gram and see no reason to go heavier. If you accelerate at the same rate as OEM - then doubt you are going to see any decrease in your mileage - but that is a hard thing to do. My top end is over 100mph which is way more than I need. Your RPMs drop a few hundred with Dr Pulley so your top end should actually higher. If plan to run your SWing flat out I suggest you consider getting a better ride as the suspension and setup is not designed to handle most roads when riding in excess of 100mph.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm

I have over 18k kl 0n my 24 gram Dr Pulley ,and my V light goes on every other day,and I have to reset.My rpm goes up to 5500 rpm at 100 klph,and down to 4500 rpm .When it rides at 5500 rpm I burn more gas and I see no fuel benefit with 24 gram sliders .Im thinking of going back to 28 gram stock rollers.The v light only goes on when I ride over 105 klph. The acceleration is great, but that V light is bugging me to no end.I installed a new belt at the same time as the sliders.Has anyone else had this problem?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 pm

tinman wrote:
I have over 18k kl 0n my 24 gram Dr Pulley ,and my V light goes on every other day,and I have to reset.My rpm goes up to 5500 rpm at 100 klph,and down to 4500 rpm .When it rides at 5500 rpm I burn more gas and I see no fuel benefit with 24 gram sliders .Im thinking of going back to 28 gram stock rollers.The v light only goes on when I ride over 105 klph. The acceleration is great, but that V light is bugging me to no end.I installed a new belt at the same time as the sliders.Has anyone else had this problem?
Unless you are very aggressive with your throttle hand I can't imagine why your V light would come ON at ~105 Kph with OEM rollers.That'd be about 65 mph. I've had Dr Pulley 28 gm Sliders on for years and consistently ride between 70 & 80 mph on the freeways and the V light hasn't come ON unless I reach that 16000 mile mark.

That said, 24 gm sliders do allow the RPMs to wind up quite quickly and the disparity between the rear wheel speed & the high RPMs will trigger the V light because the system 'sees' the belt slipping.

That's with 24 gm sliders, but shouldn't happen with 28 gm silders or OEM 28 gm rollers

Tim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 pm

I've never had a V-light problem with Dr Pulley 26 gm Sliders.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:15 am

My 2006 with 28 gram Dr Pulley sliders never had a problem with the V-light nor does her 2009 with the 26 gram sliders.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:04 am

tinman wrote:
My rpm goes up to 5500 rpm at 100 klph,and down to 4500 rpm .
Tinman, Could you please explain what the 4500 rpm is refering to in the above sentence. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Where did they get these prices from?   Where did they get these prices from? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:33 am

For some reason my Dr pulley 24 gram sliders seams to run between 4500 rpm,and some times run at 5500 rpm and at 100 klph .When the rpm is 5500 and at 100 klph if I go any faster the V light goes on.At 95 klph rpm drops to 5000,and V light stays off.I did not have this problem before my trike conversion,could be related?I will go back to stock rollers in the spring or go to 28 gram sliders. I do like the acceleration with 24 gram sliders.
Back to top Go down

Where did they get these prices from?
Page 1 of 1