Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:56 am

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 am

» Hello everyone
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacement buttrest question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Replacement buttrest question. Empty
PostSubject: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 am

I did the buttrest to backrest mod, but sometimes I ride 2 up with my girlfriend as a passenger. She cannot sit comfortably with the backrest in place so I end up leaving it at home and riding with nothing. This gives me a backache on an all day ride, so I'd like to pick up a spare buttrest and all the bracketry to quickly swap them between buttrest and backrest without having to wrench the backrest all apart returning it to stock.  They appear to only be a little over $40 if I am looking at the right thing in the parts diagram. My question is the diagram points to the buttrest and gives the corresponding number 12, but when you look at the parts list below to get a price you get two different part #'s and prices for 12.  First, what do the two different numbers represent, and second,  do the buttrests come complete with both the brackets installed on it making it a seamless swap??? It doesn't show athe brackets as a stand alone part that I can see. Anybody have experience in ordering this?  Link to parts diagram and price list I am referring to. >>> http://www.ronayers.com/SEAT-C198013.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Really?!?!  There is no one that has bought a back-up buttrest to swap or just replaced a bad one? Guess I'll just have to take my chance and order one of them and hope I guessed right, and that it is complete.
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 pm

som2002,
I have a Honda Silverwing Parts Catalog that I purchased from Helm a few months ago.
It lists the backrest as part number 77210-MCT-640. it also shows the brackets attached.
It is also item # 9 in this official parts list. Item # 12 is the seat catch (latch).
The parts list from the  http://www.ronayers.com/SEAT-C198013.aspx is not quite the same as the Honda Printed Parts Catalog (14MGFA01) dated 2012.
Hope this helps.
Rich
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:03 pm

I forgot to mention that my Parts catalog is for 2010, 2011, 2012 FSC600A
and 2010 FSC600D Models. There may be a difference in prior model years, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Well, I haven't... But my seat is still as it came Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks Rich, since that part # you gave me is one of the two listed for 12 at RonAyers, and the cheaper of the two choices bounce , I think that will be a safe bet to order it then. Thanks again for your help.Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement buttrest question.   Replacement buttrest question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement buttrest question.
Page 1 of 1