Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hook up heated gear

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Hook up heated gear Empty
PostSubject: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:18 pm

I just received Gerbring T5 Hybrid gloves, insoles and dual controller for my 2009 Swing. Wanted jacket and pants too butt........ my size Razz not available at present what with factory location switcheroo and set up......advised end of may availability.

I will be hooking up to battery as others have but wonder given the cable thickness is there a best location to route cable under the seat to connect to dual controller at waist?

Is it necessary to trim seat support lip?
Easy
Back to top Go down
Disturbed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Disturbed

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 11:38 am

I ran my harness right through the opening where the battery cables go through. It was tight but fit.
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Appreciate your response.

Okay so here's the thing..........Inside the under seat storage I have already run Denali D2 driving lights and I routed that harness to the battery from the outside following swing battery hook up and that cable was larger dia so little to no room there. Even so would that location then require an exterior surface mounted route to driver?

I also have a pig tail connection from the battery routed outside the battery box cover to the inside so I can hook up my battery tender when not riding.
I can hook up Gerbings gloves and insoles to the battery and I know I can route that cable thru the inside and back thru the pop out access cover toward tail but then the hook up to dual would be at opposite end of swing from my waist were dual likely to be.
Therefore I was hoping someone may have routed gerbring battery connect inside under seat and exit in front or just behind rider.
Easy
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:05 pm

EasyRider SilverWinger wrote:
Appreciate your response.

Okay so here's the thing..........Inside the under seat storage I have already run Denali D2 driving lights and I routed that harness to the battery from the outside following swing battery hook up and that cable was larger dia so little to no room there. Even so would that location then require an exterior surface mounted route to driver?

I also have a pig tail connection from the battery routed outside the battery box cover to the inside so I can hook up my battery tender when not riding.
I can hook up Gerbings gloves and insoles to the battery and I know I can route that cable thru the inside and back thru the pop out access cover toward tail but then the hook up to dual would be at opposite end of swing from my waist were dual likely to be.
Therefore I was hoping someone may have routed gerbring battery connect inside under seat and exit in front or just behind rider.
Easy

I just ran the wires for Gerbrings and also have large gauge wires that po installed to some misc jack, it was tight and involved some manipulation, but I got it through.
replace batt tender cable with Gerbrings cable, get adaptor for batt tender. I brought cable out through one of the holes for fuse holders, then just hung it out from under seat on side.
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks Stanly and Disturbed,
I disconnected the lot, taped a cord to the wires and rehauled them all again and while it was a tight fit I now have the battery tender connect and the heated gear connect outside thru the back of the battery box as well as the battery connect and Denali D2's.The heated jacket liner makes a bone chilling ride a toasty warm full face helmet wide smiling lark.
Thanks for the info.
Enjoy the ride,
Easy
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:57 am

Easy,

My Gerbings connection is just under the seat on the black tupperware on the left side. It is a couple of inches in front of the left rear panel above the silver panel. Bob placed a surface mount in this area. Works well. There is room to put one there.

Hope this helps.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 am

CathyN,
Thanks,
Will check out,
Easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Hook up heated gear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hook up heated gear
Page 1 of 1