Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What handlebar muffs are you guys using

Go down 
+9
john grinsel
Meldrew
hotwings
gooffy
tinman
Gyro
MikeO
RArch
adventure boy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
adventure boy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
adventure boy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-12

What handlebar muffs are you guys using Empty
PostSubject: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:30 am

Got 3 sets at home they allways seem to go across the switchgear and not fit properly
is there a good set that are commonly used
thanks
Rob
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:40 am

I fitted some Bagster muffs to mine but modified them to fit better than suggested. Muffs work well but are awkward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:10 am

Givi Universal ones; I hate them but they are really very good.
I've found the trick is to have them loosely connected so they flap around when I haven't got my hands in them.

Too tight and I can't reach the switches and they press on the brake-levers at speed so illuminating the brake-lights.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:03 am

Muffs? Maybe it's a language thing, but how do you keep her from falling off, and doesn't she block the view through the windscreen?

Over here, most gals nowadays start trimming or shaving their muffs almost as soon as they can grow them.

Shocked affraid

Laughing
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:49 am

rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:10 am

:lol!:

ahh thats wat the air freshners are for
Back to top Go down
adventure boy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
adventure boy

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:22 am

LOL what r u lot like

Ive no idea what they are called in the States or Canada, but here in Blighty thats what they are called anyway its these things I mean

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/oj_scooter_muffs_mini_pro_hand_wp?utm_medium=shopping_feed_uk&utm_source=google

just wonderd if there was a pair that fitted the Swing properly Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:01 pm

These are the ones I have - I need only to wear my leather summer gloves with silk inners even in the coldest weather when using them:

http://www.biker-bits.co.uk/givi-tm418-premium-handlebar-muffs-856-p.asp
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Embarrassing enough to be ridin a scooter over here. These "muffs" would give someone a good reason to pull me over and slap me silly. I wouldnt fight back cause id deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Who can forget the Whitney Houston classic "I'm Shaving All My Muff For You". Wink
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Hippo Hands in Canada makes good stuff and fair price. I see some danger in them on bike with no foot brake. Rently I bought a pr of their fork gaiters=work, fit
Back to top Go down
Sknrdtec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sknrdtec

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:42 am

:afro: What handlebar muffs are you guys using Bmw_gs12 Whitney had sewn these for me a few years ago when she was feeling kind of artsy .
Back to top Go down
adventure boy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
adventure boy

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks guys glad ive created such a laugh on my very early days here LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm not and never have been a fan of handlebar muffs, I binned the pair I had when I recently moved house. I wear a pair of HG three finger neoprene over mitts over my three finger HG Pathan winter gloves, they increase the warmth and waterproofing of the very good Pathan gloves, and I can operate the controls as easily as you can in heavily gloved hands.

I can't say I'm impressed with the big furry monstrosities pictured above, they don't look as if they've had any use in bad weather, and a long ride in heavy rain would have water running down the riders arms soaking the fluffy lining. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sknrdtec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sknrdtec

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:23 pm

What handlebar muffs are you guys using Bmw_gs13Looks like they've not seen much use in bad weather to me also . Nor does it look like he was looking where he was going . If anyone has a few minutes to view this site - WherethehellisMurph.com . Was started in 2009 as a Motorcycle Travelogue and Photojournal. " 3 Wheels, 7 Continents 7 Years" Expedition is on Yr 4 on the road and now in Rovaniemi, Finland after being the first Motorcycle Sidecar of 2013 to reach Nordkapp on Jan 1st,2013 . 3 wheels , 7 continents , 7 years
Back to top Go down
gary c
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2015-09-21

PostSubject: handlebar muffs   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:35 am

For them in canada that want givi muffs at a great price-canadasmotorcycle.ca. 70 dollars/free shipping. ( cdn dollars)
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:09 am

My warmest overall are a pair of oft repaired old snowmobile mitt style gloves, complete with nose wipers on the inner cuff. They were on sale at the time and knowing what I know now should have bought all they had.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What handlebar muffs are you guys using   What handlebar muffs are you guys using I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Adventure boy, I just got a new set from Ebay, cost £13:49, look for the ones with Velcro fastening and straps. The opening that passes over the switches and mirrors needs to be wide enough ,and these with the Velcro are
Back to top Go down

What handlebar muffs are you guys using
Page 1 of 1