Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another good idea of mine

Go down 
+17
Higstatic
moonshiner
trouble1100
vmaximus
bikerboy
Colin B
tarmacburner2
Meldrew
davidparker
model28a
RamblinRedhead
DennisB
Old Limey
dspevack
Gyro
toolboxjesse
hotwings
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Another good idea of mine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Why couldnt the swing be designed so if you have to get off the bike for a second you could pull the hand brake and then put the side stand down without the bike shutting off? My riding lawn mower is similar to my scooter dream- put the parking brake on to dismount otherwise the engine shuts off. I think Honda should be contacting me to buy my ideas Laughing
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Tim, if you look above at the post by trouble1100 about 27 posts down from the top you will see the post you are referring to for the parking brake mod. Smile
And as Old Limey said if the parking brake is correctly adjusted you should not be able to move your scooter. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:44 pm

model28a wrote:
And as Old Limey said if the parking brake is correctly adjusted you should not be able to move your scooter. Smile

Ha!...you are actually assuming that I know how to successfully adjust that PITA parking brake, AND once it is adjusted that it stays that way.

Actually though, on several occasions I've had the PB jam up so that I've had to use a hook (coat hanger wire) to tug at the caliper lever to free it up. I've also "rebuilt" that caliper several times, but that niggling jam problem seems to reoccur at the worst of times.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Cosmic_Jumper, I forgot about your problems with the PB. Mad I guess I would be a little gun shy after the problems you have had. Shocked Rear disks are not cheap. I haven't had any problems with mine other than replacing the pads. And like you said they are very thin. I don't understand why they are thin to begin with.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:50 pm

The pads are thin because if the parking brake is operating properly and used as designed they will last the life of the bike. All they are designed to do is clamp on the rotor to prevent the bike from rolling. They aren't emergency brakes. Normally one would pull the parking brake on solidly so it would be noticeable if one tried to ride off without releasing them. About the only wear on that brake should be stretch in the cable that needs taken up once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another good idea of mine   Another good idea of mine - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another good idea of mine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2