Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country

Go down 
+2
trishc
newtoscoot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
newtoscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-24

New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country Empty
PostSubject: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 am

This is my first bike, I had been interested in Goldwings, but that is not a good 1st. bike. This Swing is. Mine is a 2005, bought last Nov. it had been parked for 8 years, had been lightly dropped twice, had 427 miles on it. The gasoline in it had turned to a foamy rust. It needed a new fuel pump - long wait for that. In the meantime I took a MSC, read allot, watched many riding videos & read this great forum. I have ridden about 1,200 happy miles now - trouble free. Early on I had a good scare, it slowed me down, a good thing. This was mild winter here, I have been lucky, judging from this forum, many others have until recently have been waiting to get on the road.
Most of the riders around here seem to be on some really big bikes, I'm not sure they will welcome my riding along. Is there many of you guys/gals, riding along with the big dogs?
Mods - mirror extenders, Nelson-Rigg saddle bags, bag between handlebars for a camera, a shop made alum. foot for the kickstand-after a fall in dirt. I hope to add a GPS soon. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fritzozunaart.com
trishc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
trishc

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am

Hi Newtoscoot,

Welcome.
The only, riding I do with the big dogs is with my husband on his Honda St1300. Otherwise I walk my beagle every day.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 am

newtoscoot wrote:

Most of the riders around here seem to be on some really big bikes, I'm not sure they will welcome my riding along.
That's because they can't keep up with that "little scooter". Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride. welcome
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 am

welcome
I don't ride with anyone yet, but when I meet a "big dog" going the opposite direction on the highway, I get "the wave." You know; that left hand held out to the side acknowledging your presence...

I'm sure that, from a distance, the S'wing trike looks like a "Big Dog" trike. I can imagine the WT* moment as they pass and realize they just gave "the wave" to a scooter! Cool

rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 am

Greetings from the Old Continent too
welcome
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Welcome "newtoscoot"!!

Don't worry about the 'big dogs' too much; once they've sampled your acceleration and speed, they'll come around. At least that's what I've found as an American Legion Rider and Patriot Guard Rider for nearly five years now. They were'nt too sure at first but a few trips around town and various cities and distant outings on the interstates proved the SWing's mettle.

Nowadays I get a lot of verbal support from from my ALR and PGR brothers when some unknowing doubter asks about the SWing's capabilities. Most of the oncoming bikers I've met have readily waved in some fashion, not even paying attention to types of bikes. Like always... some do, some don't. So... welcome again... from Kansas. And, go gett'em Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country   New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member from Central Texas-The Texas Hill Country
Page 1 of 1