Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally

Go down 
+3
john grinsel
Cosmic_Jumper
acworthpatrick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally Empty
PostSubject: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 am

Is anyone else interested in doing something like this? I am very seriously considering taking the silverwing on this ride. Looks like its going to be an amazing trip. Of course then when you get there feeling victorious you'll realize that you then have to ride home LOL but its still gonna be awesome! I've toyed with taking the Aprilia but its so finicky and hard to get serviced that I think the Silverwing would be my first choice for this trip.

http://scootergumballrally.com/
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 am

Looks interesting, but no entry class for Silverwings or Burgies.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 am

Yes - they are classing every scooter above 174cc in that 3rd class so they are welcome to ride. Even a class for motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

SilverWing with fresh tires/drive belt will do this easy.

I believe the daily mileages are not high and they have to consider the older 2 stroke Vespas.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Thats what I was thinking and it would be pretty amazing to ride from coast to coast with a group of people that share the same ideals. I guess the real challenge would be taking my Chinese 150cc LOL..... Although its got 26,000 miles on it presently without alot of drama it would probably actually make it with a few oil changes / belt changes along the way Smile
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Ride coast to coast with group=scary in my book-----ride across US alone = fun. I have done it 8 or ten times on everything from HD factory sidecar out fit to Helix----mid winter makes it even more of a trip.

Why the need for oil changes and belt changes on 3,000 mile one way trip? Maybe change oil at the turn around point for trip home.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Ride coast to coast with group=scary in my book-----ride across US alone = fun. I have done it 8 or ten times on everything from HD factory sidecar out fit to Helix----mid winter makes it even more of a trip.

Why the need for oil changes and belt changes on 3,000 mile one way trip? Maybe change oil at the turn around point for trip home.

I was just joking meaning if I took the chinese 150
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 am

Interesting idea! I have a friend that ran the last Rally on his Burgman 400 and loved it. I might consider this as the time approaches...
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Ralley   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 am

bounce Fantastic. Thank you for telling me about the fantastic ride.
I just wrote to them and asked them to keep me informed. I live in Santa Barbara Ca. only about 185 miles from Los Angles and would like to ride down and introduce my self when there in town.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:04 pm

john grinsel wrote:

Coast to coast with John-----Now that's scary. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm

I rode with two friends (we were on Goldwings) from Tacoma, WA to Calhoun, GA for a Steve Saunders Goldwing get together about four years ago. It was a great trip a bit over 6000 miles as we wandered about a bit on the way home. I don't think the trip would have been hard to do on a Silverwing, not quite as comfortable but still a fun ride. The Gumball Rally sounds like a good way to ride in a large group since the scoots should be spread out on the road not all riding in a large group. I don't see any reason to need to change oil on a trip of that length. On my Goldwing I never changed on a long trip. Since the bike is being used each day and running for hours it can go over the usual change time with no real danger. It's the stop and go stuff that dirties an engine and it's oil, long rides don't. In fact long hauls are the easiest use you can give one of these machines. I'd check the belt before leaving and replace it if there was any doubt but wouldn't bother to carry one along. After all the total mileage isn't enough to use up much belt. New or nearly new tires would be a sound investment.
It would make the trip better if you can find some alternatives for one direction of the trip. Always nicer to see new territory. Also the way back home always seems shorter.
I hope you're able to make the run and can give us all the particulars or maybe some on the road reports.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally   Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm

I will start a blog before the ride and keep it updated everyday while I am doing the ride. It's going to be fun I know. I will most likely put on a new belt and tires about 1 month before the ride and then hit the road. New plugs maybe just to be nice to her Smile

Always wanted to do a cross country ride!
Back to top Go down

Riding my Silverwing in the Scooter Gumball Rally
Page 1 of 1