Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Venture BX-125 Heated gloves

Go down 
+3
Nowun
GHM-PM
jshcastle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jshcastle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jshcastle

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Venture BX-125 Heated gloves Empty
PostSubject: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 am

So, im new to these forums, so to start I would just like to say That I've had my Silverwing for about 2 months now, and it's the best bike I've ever owned, hands down. Coming from chinese bikes that isnt saying much, but still, GO SILVERWING!

And now back to topic. I just ordered a pair of Venture Heat BX-125 heated gloves, and i will be posting some reviews in this thread once i get them. But I was also wondering if anyone has had these or a similar pair and would like to give a little review of em.

by the way here is the link to the gloves that I ordered:

http://www.ventureheat.com/p-330-12v-heated-motorcycle-gloves.aspx
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 am

Nice but if it gets cold enough to need these I will definitely take the car. Too old for that... LOL

I have an expensive pair of BMW Kevlar winter gloves and that is as far as I will go Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Look forward to your review - I'm looking for a pair myself
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 am

Also looking forward to the review. And your power draw calculations and experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 pm

I prefer gerbings brand myself
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I recently wired my SW for my Gerbings jacket liner and gloves. I used Gerbings harness, the one that has the lugs for battery attachment, an inline fuse and the socket for the dual controller. I cut and extended the Gerbing harness about 18", routed the cable forward and brought it out through the handlebar cover leaving about 2" dangling. I made a bracket that mounts on the left brake perch which is were the controller clips on when I want to use the electrics. I checked the power requirements for the Gerbings and the available power from the SW and found plenty of reserve (I don't remember the numbers). The Gerbings functioned perfectly on an 80 mile ride last Saturday in 38-40f weather. I'm so glad I kept the Gerbings when I sold my Goldwing.

Last edited by exavid on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 pm

exavid wrote:
I recently wired my SW for my Gerbings jacket liner and gloves. I used Gerbings harness, the one that has the lugs for battery attachment, an inline fuse and the socket for the dual controller. I cut and extended the Gerbing harness about 18", routed the cable forward and brought it out through the handlebar cover leaving about 2" dangling. I made a bracket that mounts on the left clutch perch which is were the controller clips on when I want to use the electrics. I checked the power requirements for the Gerbings and the available power from the SW and found plenty of reserve (I don't remember the numbers). The Gerbings functioned perfectly on an 80 mile ride last Saturday in 38-40f weather. I'm so glad I kept the Gerbings when I sold my Goldwing.
:curious: Razz Just kidding the information is great, but pictures would be nice.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 am

I'd post a couple but don't currently have any pictures hosted anywhere other than on my PC. BTW I meant left brake perch not clutch perch. Too many years on motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
jshcastle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jshcastle

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-20

PostSubject: good, but bulky   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Just got the gloves in today, about an hour ago. I wired them to the battery as instructed, and ran the included wire out of the seat in between my legs. the harness that runs through the jacket to the gloves is quite long, about 6 feet or so. this ends up leaving quite a bit of wire dangling between your legs. not sure if that is going to become a problem, but we shall see.

On another note, the gloves seems quite bulky, but i dont see that being too much of a problem. they take a bit of work to get on, but fit nice and snug and seem to fit my hand quite well. i think that a bit of use should stretch them slightly, making it a bit easier to get on.

Warmth wise, they warm up quite quickly when the bike is running, probably about a minute to reach full temperature. they feel quite comfortable on my hands, and while i took my short test drive i did not feel the cold on my hands at all, in fact i felt quite toasty.

So, to sum it up, wire is a bit long, they feel bulky, and are a bit of a chore to get on, but they warm up quickly. They feel very comfortable, and the bulkiness did not seem to inhibit my ability to control the bike on my test drive.

All in all i would recommend these to anyone driving in cold weather. I will update this post with more information as i use them a bit more.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 pm

I'd ziptie it shorter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venture BX-125 Heated gloves   Venture BX-125 Heated gloves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venture BX-125 Heated gloves
Page 1 of 1