Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cold weather gloves.

Go down 
+2
sctr199
Greysilver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Cold weather gloves. Empty
PostSubject: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:09 pm

I dont have heated gloves. Before I make the switch, Id like to ask what brand of winter gloves does everyone else wear while riding? At what temperature do your gloved hands feel comfortable ? I have Polar Tex by Tourmaster and these are comfortable to about 45 and tolerable to 40F with a wool liner.

I have used the little gravel bags sold usually to skiers and these really do help but they also have a shelf life and are a specialty item not always available on the road.

Has any one used snowmobile gloves ?

Cheers, good riding.
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:49 pm

I have a pair of Head Outlast ski gloves I bought at Costco a few years back. They are waterproof and breathable. The few times I have used them with temps in the 30s they have kept my hands warm. Online reviews are pretty much positive.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 am

I've been wearing my Gerbing G3 gloves for five years now and they're still in good shape. These are insulated and heated gloves. When not using the heat function the plugs zip into little pockets on the gloves making them look and feel like regular gloves. They are pretty water resistant too, I put some nixwax on them about once a year which has kept them in good shape with no leaks so far. They are quite flexible and comfortable. You use them without heat in pretty cold weather but when I gets real cold in the 20F range I plug them into my scooter's electrical system. I had them wired into my SW along with my Gerbings jacket liner and rode comfortably over the Siskyous mountain pass as well as other cold areas in the mountains of Southern Oregon and Northern California. Not cheap but sure are nice if you have cold sensitive hands.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gerbing-g3-heated-gloves?gclid=CJ_Jm-SV7cICFeLm7Aod6WMALg

http://www.nikwax-usa.com/en-us/
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 am

I have some expensive BMW winter gloves with Kevlar. Have used them down to 30 degrees with no problem. Personally never saw a need for electric gloves; if it is that cold I am staying HOME!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:12 am

Glove/mitts always winter problem----I don't have electric gloves, but have ridden thru every winter since 1955 in various climates and suffered as well as been comfortable.

#1 Waterproof nice as well as necessary

#2ability to use/work controls
THEN bike design---SilverWing POOR in this area...hands/shoulders in windblast.
Where are the OEM heated grips?

My current solution for cold--30 F range-----cheap pair of ski gloves from WalMart lined with Korean/Japanese thin cotton work gloves. work well stopping every 50 miles or so. Long trips I do carry many pair of extra gloves....even rubber Lineman gloves that I can get reg glove in.

Note: my next new scooter/bike should/will have real hand/shoulder protection a well as heated grips----or I do not buy.....hate black wheels, too.

Electric but waterproof gloves/ mitts are possible in my future,too.....or move to Key West.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 pm

In a pinch before I had Gerbings I'd slip a dishwashing type of rubber glove over my regular lined leather gloves in rainy weather. No wet hands then. My hands are very sensitive to cold because of some serious frostbite from many years in the past so I really love my heated Gerbings which heat the back of your hands along with the heated grips on both of my current bikes. The combination great because I can ride comfortably in much colder weather. Actually, really comfortable. In fact a few times I've had to turn the heat down because my hands were sweating in below freezing weather. You can't beat that for improving a winter ride.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you for the repiles. Great site!
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Cold weather gloves   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:26 am

Handguards make a big improvement to cold weather riding but are not always a practical fitment on every machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold weather gloves.   Cold weather gloves. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold weather gloves.
Page 1 of 1