Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up

Go down 
+21
DarthJ
surlybiker58
john grinsel
Eldon
KurtPerthWA
Windrider
AAAA
MikeO
numnumcook
"Hi Yo"
DickO
Chinasaur
larryinseattle
Meldrew
JeffR_
oldgoat
Daboo
honda_silver
dspevack
The Scootist
bigbird
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up Empty
PostSubject: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Here's the quote from the mod before he locked the Helix thread, referring to me and larryinseattle:

"You two are pathetic; it's about time you both took the hint about not spoiling the forum for the majority and grew up."

What do the other members think? Is this out of hand, amusing, spoiling the forum?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Terry:
I enjoy your knowledge and experience with the Silverwing, but to be honest I thought your comments regarding their riding gear were - at best - unnecessary and at worst perhaps just plain out of line. The tone came across as judgmental and sarcastic. Not good.

The thing is we all know and understand the dangers involved with 2 wheeled riding and accept those risks every time we climb on our bikes. It is up to each of us to decide how we prepare for and manage those risks. The gear that each person wears is entirely up to them and it really isn't my place or your place to judge them for their decision.

We all love to ride. Let's respect each persons freedom to choose how they enjoy the riding experience.
DCC
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:59 pm

What "The scootist" said, +1
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm

dspevack wrote:
What "The scootist" said, +1
+1
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Actually, I agreed with you. Whenever I post, I consider what might happen if a newbie read what I recommended. I've seen members (on other forums) totally pooh-pooh the idea of wearing any safety gear. After all, they've been riding for 20 years.

Around Seattle, we get a lot of fair-weather riders. Some of them have 1 year (3-4 months actually) of experience repeated 20 times. A new rider will look at them and feel that if the others are riding dressed without more than a helmet, it must be okay. What's the harm?

I can look at a rider and pretty much figure out if they are a year-around rider or not. The year-around rider tends to wear their gear. It's not hard at all to have both summer and winter gear. When I come across someone who is wearing sneakers, no gloves and the thin nylon jacket to keep warm with...I stay away from them. I'm not treating them with respect at all, but as an accident waiting to happen. They are part of that group that may have been riding for 20 years, but they're still repeating the 3-4 months experience each year.

So I didn't see anything wrong with your pointing out the lack of protective gear. If a newbie read that and it caused him/her to think twice, great. I wouldn't push the topic further, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

Chris
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:58 pm

"You two are pathetic; it's about time you both took the hint about not spoiling the forum for the majority and grew up."

What a pathetic mod!!! No mod comment was required.

IMO that was totally inappropriate clothing to wear while riding, let alone adverising the fact.

We all know you can purchase suitable armored mesh clothing for hot weather. I have it & live in Canada.

The riders pointed out that they "survived" that ride. They may not be so lucky in the future. However, I hope they always survive all their rides. I'm sure it must feel great to have the wind on one's skin but there won't be any skin to have the wind on if you fall off (for whatever reason)

I'm with Bigbird on this.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I think the point has nothing to do with whether or not riders should use saftey gear, but to comment in a more respectful manner. It seems lately that posts are being made that could be re-worded to not be so "attacking", in nature.

It is like with some of the "darkside" posts. It seems the posts just degrade and go off topic. My post here isn't meant to be aimed at either Terry or Larry, but that I have noticed recently that this site hasn't been too friendly lately. I make posts in jest about things but it seems, more and more, that posts are made as to what I consider "attacking" one another.

And we as "mods" would like this to get back to the "more friendly" forum it has always been. Some may not wear protective gear as a choice. We all make choices that others don't agree. Again, this is not meant for Larry or Terry but all of us who post here, to try to work our statements in a more friendly manner, as if the person you are sending it to is standing right next to you. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:54 pm

I'd say larryinseattle is the stirrer here, (Anyone else think he looks remarkably like Dennis Hopper's character in Easy Rider riding along wearing that hat on his 'town bike'. Wink ) He seems to like winding forum members up with posts that will guarantee an opposing view. He alone is keeping the car tyre argument going, and when no one responds he's forever rattling on about his travels on the Gold Wing. This is all from someone who stated he was leaving this "unfriendly forum" recently.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:05 pm

I rode 20,000 miles last year and over 99% of my riding is in full gear. I was in Phoenix with friends going on an one hour loop tour in 100 degree weather. So I didn't wear my gear, so what. It is my choice.

The OP was comparing the Silverwing with the Helix. I have owned two different Helix Maxi Scooters so I had some comments that the poster wished to know about. I then posted a few pictures of the two scooters together, just to add some smoke to the fire.

I didn't nor did I want to be chastised for not wearing protective clothing. Further when a comment was made, I shared in a lightful manner that I survived. I have been riding for 40+ years and I have been down once. The chances of me going down on any one hour ride is pretty slim.

It is the manner in which the comments are made. You make hurtful comments and then get riled up when someone responds to it.

My experience with this forum has been different than the "friendly forum" that has been mentioned. I have been personally attacked here because of my view or choice. I come here to share my experience on motorcycling, specifically the Silverwing. When I have something positive to comment, I do, and when I am attacked, I do.

I suggest that members refrain from negative comment towards others so that this could become a friendly forum. I see it as anything but that at the moment.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Further,

That I was just informed by an admin that two well respected members left here because of me. Well, please review the posts associated with these comments and see when I was poked at with a stick. I don't get riled up easily but at the same time, I don't take crap thrown my way for any reason.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 pm

People on here can side with this "safety issue" about wearing protective clothing or not.... but at the same time promote the "kick stand switch" removal? That mod can kill. Riding with the kickstand down has killed many motorcyclist.

It comes down to personal choices... but to make a modification to a motorcycle like this and then allow it to stay that way when resold could open yourself up to a liability lawsuit.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Yes, I was chastised because I made a comment about doing that mod.... for the safety of a newbie thinking about doing it.

It is a stupid mod, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'd say larryinseattle is the stirrer here, (Anyone else think he looks remarkably like Dennis Hopper's character in Easy Rider riding along wearing that hat on his 'town bike'. Wink ) He seems to like winding forum members up with posts that will guarantee an opposing view. He alone is keeping the car tyre argument going, and when no one resonds he's forever rattling on about his travels on the Gold Wing. This is all from someone who stated he was leaving this "unfriendly forum" recently.

My posts about the Goldwing was in a Goldwing thread.

My posts about the Helix was in a Helix thread.

My posts about a darkside tire was in a darkside tire thread.

Your posts are attacking other members, me specifically.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:19 pm

I am ready, willing and able to debate or discuss ideas on the forum. These forum members go on a personal attack when the an opposing idea is presented.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I am not saying that you are stupid for doing the kickstand mod, I am saying the kick stand mod is a bad idea. There is a difference.

I don't like being called stupid for running a car tire. Or that what I am doing is unsafe and I am crazy. It is just not the case.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 pm

All I am saying is debate the issue. Make a comment and move along.... but taking personal pot shots at the poster does not promote good will. Calling them stupid or newbies or idiots is just bad manners.

And I learned manners elsewhere, but I try to use them here.... and I suggest others do the same.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 pm

The original poster asked a question with my name involved.... so I answered.

Done said all I need to say unless someone wants to debate something with me in regards to this posting.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

IBL.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Chinasaur wrote:
IBL.

The shortest comment I have ever read. Now I just don't know what that is. lol
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:34 pm

LOL. Means "In Before The Lock" Smile
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Soo. Larry..WTH are you in Seattle? We're down here in Federal Way Sad Bleh.

Any good pho near you?
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Chinasaur wrote:
LOL. Means "In Before The Lock" Smile

There is a difference between debate and arguments.... but some cannot tell the difference.

I am in Lynnwood. Good Pho two blocks away. I am close to Edmonds Community College.

Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Near Cycle Barn? Was just a Pasteurs Pho on Evergreen a few weeks ago. We should meet up for a bowl... of soup!! Smile
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Chinasaur wrote:
Near Cycle Barn? Was just a Pasteurs Pho on Evergreen a few weeks ago. We should meet up for a bowl... of soup!! Smile

Well, you name the place and I would be there. I live east of Highway 99 off of 196th st. One block from Edmonds. Next time you plan on being up this way, I would meet you for some.... and go for a scooter ride too!

Who rides your other scooter? Lets do this on a different thread on in PM's.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:16 pm

larryinseattle wrote:
People on here can side with this "safety issue" about wearing protective clothing or not.... but at the same time promote the "kick stand switch" removal? That mod can kill. Riding with the kickstand down has killed many motorcyclist.

It comes down to personal choices... but to make a modification to a motorcycle like this and then allow it to stay that way when resold could open yourself up to a liability lawsuit.

What are you doing digging up this crap that has been gone over a dozen times already by you?
Still looking to poke the stick?
And the mod called me pathetic and immature?
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 pm

bigbird wrote:
larryinseattle wrote:

What are you doing digging up this crap that has been gone over a dozen times already by you?
Still looking to poke the stick?
And the mod called me pathetic and immature?

There was a comment made in support of your negative comment in regards to my attire on my ride, in the interest of the newbie.

I was merely giving an example of my comment regarding the kickstand mod and I was chastised for it. I made a comment about the mod because it is a dangerous mod. The kickstand mod can kill. Simple.

I didn't call you anything but Big Bird or Terry. Cool You bring some quality posts to the forum.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm

larryinseattle wrote:

I didn't call you anything but Big Bird or Terry.

Mr. Bigbird or Mr. Terry to you.
Respect is an earned quality.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
I think the point has nothing to do with whether or not riders should use saftey gear, but to comment in a more respectful manner. It seems lately that posts are being made that could be re-worded to not be so "attacking", in nature.

.... to try to work our statements in a more friendly manner, as if the person you are sending it to is standing right next to you. Just my opinion though.

I agree. It is called manners. Or debate in an adult friendly way. We don't have to act like guard dogs because we disagree on a particular issue. Agree to disagree and move on.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Your comments about me being a newbie here.....

I want to point out that I registered at this forum a mere month after you Terry. I respect your opinion.... but I don't have to agree with it. It is the manner of delivery that is in question.

Try this:

Mean what you say, but don't say it mean.

Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm

It's Friday. Can we all just pop a beer/beverage of choice and move on?

Ya'll ever hear the one about the scooter rider and the Arctic Tern?

Well......
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm going out right now to RIDE my Silverwing, not talk about it or anything else.
So there!
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Chinasaur wrote:
It's Friday. Can we all just pop a beer/beverage of choice and move on?

Ya'll ever hear the one about the scooter rider and the Arctic Tern?

Well......

I have not heard that one....

I said all I need to say on my behalf so I am out. I no longer have a dog in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Mods. Time for a lock pls Smile

Anyway, the Tern says to the Bartender "........
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Back from my evening ride. The beautiful blue prairie skies, no wind and 20C. Perfect!

To get in the last word, since I started this topic, zyzzyva. *

* If you check the dictionary, that is the last word.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

And the bartender says to the Tern... "I was talking to the Dog... hee-hee-hee-ha-ha... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Get It???!! Huh? Get It???
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Terry, Why am I not surprised that you know about a destructive weevil? :lol!: Now I have to check the thermometer to see what twenty degrees centigrade is. I'm happy you had a nice ride. motorcycle By the way, you are not pathetic (IMHO) and I hope you never grow up.

Last edited by "Hi Yo" on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember what happens when you say "xyzzy"?
Hint: The answer is nostalgic. No googling!
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 pm

HiYo,

A real quick way to calculate C to F is to multiply by 2 and then add 30. 20 degrees C is 68 degrees F, but using the above method gets you to 70 degrees, which is only 2 degrees off. I use this to get a very quick, and close, estimate when I got to Holland. My wife is Dutch and they always use the metric there, of course, so I had to come up with a very quick way to figure out a very close estimate.

The official equation is: C x 9/5 + 32

Not to bore you. But I don't get the joke about the 'tern'. And just what is a 'tern'?

Terry,

It's good you got to ride in nice weather and had a good time.

Back to top Go down
numnumcook
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Hey folks,

Was really hoping to get some more feedback in my first thread - too bad it's been locked. It's great to hear from those who've had first hand experience on both bikes (or any bikes) on how they compare.

Anyways, I appreciate all the responses and side-by-side pics too. It's funny, I didn't even notice who (or what gear they had or didn't have) was on them...just looking at the bikes.

There's no doubt that we each have our own personal opinions and different points of view - to each their own. That's what makes forums interesting and informative. But we are truly one in the same in that we share the passion of riding.

At the end of the day, if there was a fellow rider down, I would not hesitate to stop and try to help - regardless of their chosen ride and gear or lack thereof.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:49 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
And just what is a 'tern'?

1/3 of a sixties hit? Smile
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:06 am

numnumcook wrote:
Hey folks,

Was really hoping to get some more feedback in my first thread - too bad it's been locked. It's great to hear from those who've had first hand experience on both bikes (or any bikes) on how they compare.

Anyways, I appreciate all the responses and side-by-side pics too. It's funny, I didn't even notice who (or what gear they had or didn't have) was on them...just looking at the bikes.

There's no doubt that we each have our own personal opinions and different points of view - to each their own. That's what makes forums interesting and informative. But we are truly one in the same in that we share the passion of riding.

At the end of the day, if there was a fellow rider down, I would not hesitate to stop and try to help - regardless of their chosen ride and gear or lack thereof.

Thank you for your kind words. I too was disappointed that the thread was locked. Sometimes threads get hijacked but they do seem to come back around to the original poster's wishes.

I didn't think posting my Silverwing with me on it without all of the protective gear on would cause such a stir. The next time I have my picture taken, I will be sure to take the picture that clearly shows the sticker that says:

"This bike has not had it's side stand modified
and is in it's original safe factory condition."

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:11 am

The other sticker says:

"This bike has not had it's electrical system compromised by additions or subtractions so that the original schematic can be followed and a problem resolved without finding a mistake made by the previous owner."

Here is a picture of me away from the forum, enjoying a peaceful ride through the Arizona desert on my UN-tampered Silverwing.

Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up 008

The protective gear I have on is:

A hat to protect me from the harmful sun rays on my balding head.

A pair of sun glasses to keep my eyes shielded from the hot Arizona sun.

A coat of sunscreen to keep the sun from blistering my skin.

A bottle of water so I don't dehydrate.

A handlebar mounted GPS so I don't get lost in Arizona.

An adjustable windshield in the highest position, to keep the Arizona wind blasts to a minimum.

I hope everyone had a great ride today.... and a nice one tomorrow. I will. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:37 am

The thread was locked because, once again, the discussion had dissolved into a sniping-match between two mewmbers who now have a reputation for making the forum uncomfortable for other members.

The sniping in this case has been described as being whitty (sic).

Judge for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:57 am

Please. Everybody knows that the longer you have ridden, the less chance of having your insides slide down the road is. Accidents always happen long before you see them, there never a surprise. Besides, if you ride a whole lot, you cant get in a accident, because humans react much faster than their awareness, and your time on the road dictates that situations will never change as fast as you can snap your fingers.

Please continue not wearing a helmet. Please, please, please.
I lived most of my life in Phoenix, riding. And there is no way it ever gets so hot that i wouldnt wear a helmet. But then, i don't break a sweat getting to the donuts, or walking a hundred yards.

I would say a R.I.P. to you, Larry, but you've been riding so long, and have so much experience (insert laughter here) you cant get in a wreck.(Insert 1 finger salute here)
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 am

Starting this thread in itself demonstrates the attitude of a very few members who seem hell-bent on spoiling things for the majority and are not prepared to conform to reasonable standards of behaviour.

It's not tolerated elsewhere: why should those of us who want somewhere to go which is free from petty nastiness do so here?

This thread, from a forum much bigger and far more active than ours, is worth reading:

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic99598?start=0

Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 am

- Racist or hate speech
- Discussion of politics or religion
- Identifying your political party
- Discussion of helmet laws
- Divisive topics like abortion, the death penalty, or gun control
- Personal attacks, even minor ones
- Denigrating or insulting another user
- Legal threats toward the admin, the moderators, or any user
- Whining about or otherwise criticizing forum policy
- Argumentative behavior*
- Pornography**
- Commercial postings, solicitations, or promotions***
- Avatars or sig pictures that are off-color, NSFW, or in poor taste

This should be the rules on this form too
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 am

larryinseattle wrote:

I didn't think posting my Silverwing with me on it without all of the protective gear on would cause such a stir. The next time I have my picture taken, I will be sure to take the picture that clearly shows the sticker that says:

"This bike has not had it's side stand modified
and is in it's original safe factory condition."

What is wrong with you? First you say you're done agitating, no more poking the stick, and you post this again last night?

Have you lost all your marbles, or are you just hoping the mods will just ban you?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 am

MikeO wrote:
Starting this thread in itself demonstrates the attitude of a very few members who seem hell-bent on spoiling things for the majority and are not prepared to conform to reasonable standards of behaviour.

This thread would never have been started if you had observed acceptable moderator etiquette yourself.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 am

Tagg wrote:

Please continue not wearing a helmet. Please, please, please.
I lived most of my life in Phoenix, riding. And there is no way it ever gets so hot that i wouldnt wear a helmet. But then, i don't break a sweat getting to the donuts, or walking a hundred yards.

I would say a R.I.P. to you, Larry, but you've been riding so long, and have so much experience (insert laughter here) you cant get in a wreck.(Insert 1 finger salute here)

I would highly recommend anger management and better manners.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 am

MikeO wrote:

It's not tolerated elsewhere: why should those of us who want somewhere to go which is free from petty nastiness do so here?

This thread, from a forum much bigger and far more active than ours, is worth reading:

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic99598?start=0

Mike,

I agree with you. I belong to three other forums and I never see this kind of personal attacks on them. Differences of opinion, yes, but not the personal attacks.

I hope you are paid well for your efforts here.

(I know you are a volunteer but I wouldn't do your job for money. Thank you for your efforts.)

Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up Clapper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up   Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apparently I'm pathetic and need to grow up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: