Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

need new front tupperware or used

Go down 
+3
RArch
bigbird
mattedeye
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mattedeye
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-03-10

need new front tupperware or used Empty
PostSubject: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 pm

anyone know of any good places to get used plastic piece. The piece that goes on top of the headlight and covers the base of the windshield? i just bought my 03 silverwing used. and the previous owner was an idiot backyard modification pro. he cut out pieces of the floorboards to put on footpegs. mounted side mirrors to the plastic piece i need a new one of. because he also busted it... because he didnt research how to take it apart right. Just flat out removed the rear spoiler. changed out the handlebars and hacksawed around the ignition switch plastic cover. Needless to say i have my work cut out for me on this project. just having problems finding used parts i need. Any help would be great
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 am

All I can suggest is to keep an eye out on Ebay and/or contact your local Honda dealer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 am

mattedeye wrote:
...changed out the handlebars and hacksawed around the ignition switch plastic cover.

Can you post a pic of the switch cover? I still have the stock bars but they're rotated back and down so my cover no longer fits. As long as yours isn't too butchered, I may be willing to trade you for my unmodified switch cover.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:34 am

Welcome to the site!

Your best shot at used is ebay and other used parts sites. The part you are looking for Screen garnish (aka batwing or "w" panel) is one of the most sought after. If buying new is an option then problem solved. If shopping used the good news is, this piece has not changed since 2002 and any year will fit.

When you get a chance post a picture or two of your scoot and a brief introduction of yourself.
Spoiler
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Look at this post, maybe Jeff can help you out with a part:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4569-silverwing-too-far-gone-for-me-darn#42305
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: need new front tupperware or used   need new front tupperware or used I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 am

Just an aside regarding painted (or more accurately - colored) body parts for the Silverwing. The plastics are somewhat fragile and used pieces are likely to have damage. Tabs break and any odd stressors will cause fractures.

Look at sites like Service Honda www.servicehonda.com and Ron Ayers and the like for new - you will need your color code when ordering from a dealer or reseller.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

need new front tupperware or used
Page 1 of 1