Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 10:05 am

» LF extended back rest
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 3:56 pm

» I said Farewell...
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How can you measure SWing lean angle?

Go down 
+2
Winger61
Dimond
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

How can you measure SWing lean angle? Empty
PostSubject: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Being a very conservative rider I do not lean the SWing much; however, I also have no idea how far I actually do lean it. So, how can I measure my lean angle? I thought of some type of an inclinometer - but the physics of how they work may prevent that (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539596). Another site suggested an iPhone coupled with TiltmeterPro application (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?s=b5409d40d618992ca58aa3649d5e63fb&t=77157&page=2). This issue is seems far more complicated than I had originally thought it would be. Any suggestions on how 'lean angle' could be measured? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-16

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 am

How about, if the centre stand is draggin' on the tarmac, that's enough angle. Only done that once, it's one helluva cure for constipation!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scootaboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 am

I have got about 1/4" "chicken Strips" on my rear tyre,I don't know how much further I would have to go to get the stand down,I wouldn't want to go off the edge,might get Squirrely.Funnily enough some of my 1/4" experiences have been done on the B1183 Winger61 going towards Horncastle past the Ostrich farm,they don't half give you a funny look Laughing .

Scootaboy...
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-16

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Know that road well, on the Wing, and also as a cycle racing circuit - Revesby, Horncastle,Tumby r/about, back to Revesby. Nice and twisty!!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 pm

I tend to refrain from leaning this time of the year. (Ice). I may carry out experiments into the 'angle of the dangle' when the better weather arrives.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:58 pm

FYI - I also have a Goldwing and posted the same question on another forum and the following link provides the forum member response: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/128901-1.html
Back to top Go down
dikkiedo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:50 am

i dont know how far my swing will lean but draging the center stand would scare the heck outta me too. i lean pretty far going down a road that runs from the back gate of camp lejeune to swansboro. it has a lot of turns and twist and the road is in decent shape as far as potholes and broken tarmac is concerned. im always suprised at how much fun the swing is and its funny to see the sport bike riders give you the thumbs up as you pass each other. so id kinda say that a seat of the pants measurment is itll lean with the best of em.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 am

dikkiedo wrote:
so id kinda say that a seat of the pants measurment is itll lean with the best of em.

Not going to argue with that!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am

An easy reference guide is, you'll know you're leaning too far when your sphincter starts puckering up in fright and tries to take a bite out of the seat! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can you measure SWing lean angle?   How can you measure SWing lean angle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can you measure SWing lean angle?
Page 1 of 1