Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi accessories

Go down 
+4
DennisB
"Hi Yo"
bigbird
tinman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 pm

After MY oil change,I decided to install My Monokey rack and backrest. My fingers were frozen .White fingers syndrome. So I
removed the rear spoiler and went in the basement .It took a will with stiff fingers , but manage to do it. After installing it
back on my swing , my wife sat on it said that the backrest was
not fitting well. So after installing the Givi 55 box . I aded a cushion and she felt comfortable . A backrest for the Givi box
will be next. Tomorrow I have remove again. I forgot to install the bottom of my spoiler.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Givi accessories 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey tinman, Don't let mama see the arm rest kit found in Dennis' Shop or you may have another "white finger" project. Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi Yo,

I've just been to busy and to cold to get any of the big projects done at this time.

When the weather gets warmer I hope to get back at it. Just finished a light bar and had to paint it 4 times to get the paint half way decent. What a pain back side. frustrated

I'm still building connectors...no paint involved to build them.

Dennis sunny
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh yup ,the Miss saw those armrest long time ago ,she said ,I don't know
what to do about my arms ,they get so tired .I am going to get Dennis
Armrest .Waiting for his email. Mama never rode with me before .She like
my " Precious ",and that is a good thing.
Bigbird ,I saw the video on your light show . I always ride with my hight beams on ,better visibility in traffic . Like the flashers,and Givi light, going
to get that. And Dennis B connector .
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 am

I don't usually wait for Santa "the kids"to get what we would like in the
list. After 43 years, its better to go and buy what we want.There is no room for niknacks . And every body is happy.----LOL cheers
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 am

tinman wrote:
I always ride with my hight beams on ,better visibility in traffic .

You're just as visible on dipped beam, riding with your main beam on all the time is just going to piss other vehicle users off. You're dazzling oncoming traffic as well as making drivers in front of you dip their mirrors to avoid your high beam. I often had to fold in the electric mirrors on my 650 Burgman to stop being dazzled by vehicles following me, and it's bloody annoying.

You might think you've being visible, but riding on high beam all the time is selfish and inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 am

+1

Head-lights on vehicles are there so that the driver/rider can see where he's going in the dark or poor weather conditions.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 am

Meldrew wrote:
tinman wrote:
I always ride with my hight beams on ,better visibility in traffic .

You're just as visible on dipped beam, riding with your main beam on all the time is just going to piss other vehicle users off. You're dazzling oncoming traffic as well as making drivers in front of you dip their mirrors to avoid your high beam. I often had to fold in the electric mirrors on my 650 Burgman to stop being dazzled by vehicles following me, and it's bloody annoying.

You might think you've being visible, but riding on high beam all the time is selfish and inconsiderate.

I discussed this with some traffic cops I know. They agreed in the daytime riding on main beam is another tool to being seen. Night however, another kettle of fish! Dangerous, distracting, annoying at best.

In seriously bright days I will ride with main beam on. Dipped is simply not enough for the cagers round my neck of the woods who think the whole road is theirs. Rest of the time, dipped is adequate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 am

Which only goes to show yet again that one must ride according to the conditions, not necessarily what other people do. Smile

P.S. I mean that one doesn't necessarily do what others do if their circumstances are different, not that they don't ride according to their conditions. Razz
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

Waspie, I don't think the cagers round your neck of the woods are different from anywhere else, and aren't you a cager to a bike rider when get behind the wheel of your car? Dipped beam is sufficient to get you noticed, high beam all the time is annoying, so is following someone for miles with their rear red fog light on in clear conditions, or sitting there at traffic lights with the driver in front dazzling you with his high level brake light because he's too idle to use the hand brake.

p.s. We'd better stop this, we'll wind bigbird up for hi-jacking the thread and posting in the wrong section! Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 am

It's not so much riding behind 'vehicles' with main beam on, that I don't do. I ride, like I said, in seriously bright conditions towards on coming with headlights on main beam. If I get flashed, and I haven't yet. I will dip them but return to main once past the traffic.

Common sense dictates the correct use of lights for the prevailing conditions.

I would never advocate the use of permanent main beam. The trouble these days folk don't tend to use common sense and their light switches sensibly. You wouldn't believe the difficulty for some to operate a rocker switch!!!!!! Laughing (I do hope folk see the intended humour there!!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Waspie i usually agree with most of what you say. On this occasion iam with Meldrew.If my son in law is with me on a run, on his Burgman650, i can tell at once if his main beam is on and it is very distracting( even in bright sunlight). The other thing to consider is that on our Swings the main beam is a seperate bulb mounted below the dip beam bulb. If you want to give way to someone by flasing the high beam how can you do this if you have main beam on all the time? Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Old Limey wrote:
If you want to give way to someone by flasing the high beam how can you do this if you have main beam on all the time? Smile

Sorry but I don't use my lights as a form of communication. Too easy to confuse. Did he mean 'I'm here' or was it 'Yes! You have the right of way.' Both move and bang!!!

Nah! I only advocate high beam in SERIOUSLY bright days. Not night, not behind other vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Givi accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi accessories   Givi accessories I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 pm

I guess we agree to disagree on this one. Smile
Back to top Go down

Givi accessories
Page 1 of 1