Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast

Go down 
+2
Winger61
craigory
6 posters
AuthorMessage
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast Empty
PostSubject: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:24 am

Went out to check something routine on my SWing and discovered it had developed some kind of electical problem overnight. Was working just fine when I parked it. Now all of the rear lighting is dead and my blinkers go really fast. I think the fast blinkers are probably due to the increased power going to the blinker relay because the rear signals are offline. More importantly, I haven't a clue what's going on with the back lighting. I checked all of the fuses and everything's good there. I'm hoping you guys have some ideas because I'm stranded until I fix it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 am

Could be one of the turn signal bulbs blown - that may cause the turn signals to flash quicker. Rear light bulbs could also have blown.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am

All bulbs are blown on the same time? Not impossible but i dont think so...

How much ground wires are in that area for the rear lightning? I think it could be that the complete back don't have a correct ground connection. The first think i would measure is the continuity from the ground pole on the bulb to the frame...
Other possibility: Are all the wires somewhere on the same connector? Possibly this connector is opened, therefore the second thing i would check: Is there 12V on the Bulbs (but measure directly against the frame, not again the other pole Wink)?
Both measurement are possibly without removal of any tupperware and should give you a startpoint for further troubleshooting
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 am

The multi pin plug behind the little door on the left side of the storage box probably managed to un-plug itself. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:35 am

Craig,

At the risk of stating the obvious - I'd start by checking some of your electrical modifications as noted in your signature.

Craig in California
2002 Dark Candy Red SilverWing
Clearview windshield, Utopia backrest, Givi topcase, handlebar lifters, Kisan LED turn signals under the side mirrors, driving lights, leg wind deflectors, battery charging indicator, fuse block under seat to drive all electrical accessories, BackOff brake light modulator, additional lighting.

Last edited by jdeereanton on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Craig,

At the risk of stating the obvious - I'd start by checking some of your electrical modifications as noted in your signature.

Craig in California
2002 Dark Candy Red SilverWing
Clearview windshield, Utopia backrest, Givi topcase, handlebar lifters, Kisan LED turn signals under the side mirrors, driving lights, leg wind deflectors, battery charging indicator, fuse block under seat to drive all electrical accessories, BackOff brake light modulator, additional lighting.

Well spotted Dale - good call.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

I haven't had a moment to get behind that left-rear cover yet, but I think you guys probably have this nailed. Blackfly touched on it, joncallihan reinforced it, and jdeereanton nailed it to the wall. All of the rear lighting is connected through a single connector behind the left-rear cover. The BackOff brake light modulator is inline for the inbound and outbound connectors. I'm guessing that either one of the connectors worked loose, or the BackOff simply backed off and will now need to be replaced. As joncallihan pointed out, that connector is normally accessible throught the hatch in the storage box, but with the BackOff unit there it is pretty much impossible to get to anything through there. I'll have to take off the left-rear cover to get to it, but that's pretty easy. I plan to get to it tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Yep. You guys had it. The honda connector from the front slipped out of the BackOff connector. Pushed them back together and now everybody's happy. Thanks all who replied to my post!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Glad you had a result and it wasn't that traumatic. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast   Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electrical problem: back half dead, blinkers really fast
Page 1 of 1