Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Helmet: Schuberth C-3

Go down 
+2
bigbird
Gar Gentry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Helmet: Schuberth C-3 Empty
PostSubject: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:54 am

bigbird wrote:
That's what I use to protect my gourd. I have no remorse about spending that kind of money for such a fine piece of head protection. Visibility is excellent, it's really quiet, and I'm totally satisfied with that purchase.
Terry, a while back it was you who piqued my interest in the C-3 helmet. After watching numerous videos by Anthony with RevZilla and the German manufacturing process on another site, I was convinced this was the best choice for me. Besides the high quality features, I also wanted the retractable tinted eye shield. I have that feature on my cheaper helmet and it's nice not to dig around for a pair of sunglasses. Sizing issues are very well described and I fall square in the middle of the medium size range. Now, Hi Vis or not. I'm undecided.
Gar
Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:15 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Right from the gut, Terry! It's the same philosophy I used when I sold my Road King and VTX 1800 last year and then ordered a SilverWing scooter, sight unseen. No one I knew locally or have met in this region has one (SWing). One guy approached me shortly after getting my new scooter and with a concerned voice he said, "aren't you embarrassed"? Knowing he was one brick shy of a load I said "not at all" and we parted ways. I laugh when I think about it. So it's not out of character for me to do the same with Hi-Vis gear.
Thanks Terry,
Gar
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:29 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Right on, safety is definitely a concern on 2 wheels. That's why I have a hi-vis vest for over my jackets. AND why I ride with motorcycle jackets rather than a normal one. Nice to have the extra padding just in case.
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Glad you like the signature font size, Terry. Gives each posting that footnote appearance.
I am leaning toward the Hi-Vis yellow for my C3 helmet more than ever. Will be the only rider in town (pop. around 25,000) to sport this color. Then you will receive the highest form of flattery.
DarthJ reminds me that my riding attire has been much too casual. Have the armoured clothing but it's all black and too hot for summertime. This will change.
Gar
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Here it is, my long awaited headgear. I thought it would require some time to break-in but two hours of riding showed no signs of pressure points or discomfort. The fit is perfect, just go by the sizing recommendations. I really like the no fog "pinlock" shield that attaches to the inside surface of the face shield. There was no need for sunglasses with the retractable tinted sunvisor. The lack of wind noise was good but most of that was eliminated by the GIVI. Ventilation was good also considering the aforementioned windshield blocking most of the oncoming air. The ratcheting quick release chin strap is a lot more convenient that a D-ring system. And Terry, I'm glad I chose the Hi Vis option. Thanks for the good advice.
cheers

Helmet: Schuberth C-3 Dscn2110
(About ten more of these would buy a new scooter!)

Helmet: Schuberth C-3 Dscn2111
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Helmet: Schuberth C-3 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 am

Maybe it should be "Loud helmets save lives'? That's a great looking helmet and it sounds like it really fits your requirements.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:22 am

Nice helmet, but I'm not too impressed with the grey Schuberth sun visor, it's not really that effective in bright sunlight, and I fitted a Super-Visor to my Schuberth J1 to stop that problem. There is an alternative brown version and I've tried to get one on my last couple of visits to Germany. The sun visor can also be affected by moisture in the helmet after prolonged riding in rain, and it grows a dry opaque bloom on it rather like the bloom on a black grape. The sun visor looks fogged up looking through it when this happens. It can be removed by gently polishing the visor with a soft cloth.

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 am

The shaded visor may not be adequate while riding into the sun without wearing sunshades (which of course Schuberth says not to do). You mentioned a cloudy film that forms on the visor after long exposure to moisture. That issue was printed in the owners manual also. I was surprised to see the helmet came with a manual that is nearly the size of my Silverwing manual. I will submit a review to the vendor when I feel I can be totally objective. So far my ratings are favorable. Interestingly, I went from a loud Harley with a black helmet to a quiet scooter with a loud helmet. Razz
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Interestingly, I went from a quiet scooter with a black helmet to a loud scooter with a loud helmet.

Heh, heh!
+1
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I looked long and hard at the Schuberth helmet at my gear shop - but I eventually went with -and introduced my dealer to- a Vemar Jiano EVO-TC helmet. Made of kevlar/carbon fiber/fiberglass mix, it is a solid flip-up which also has a 75% tinted sunshield. I find it both snug and comfortable with good airflow vents. I bought the high-gloss white helmet which has black accents. It's the best hi-vis color offering, IMO.
And -best of all- it costs 1/3 of the Schuberth. Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:12 pm

(actually, it's more like just under 1/2 the price of the Schuberth.)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Gar Gentry wrote:
The shaded visor may not be adequate while riding into the sun without wearing sunshades (which of course Schuberth says not to do).

I found it at best inadequate or plain useless even wearing sunglasses in direct or low sun, that's why I fitted the Super-Visor. In view of that I've replaced the grey sun visor on my new Scorpion flip front for a amber one for use in ambient or flat light, and I'll fit a Super-Visor later.
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Meldrew: I agree, I can't look into the sun with anything short of welder's goggles. Otherwise, the C3's visor works fine for me.
So I googled Super-Visor and like the style. It doesn't go into detailed product description without calling or emailing the company so does the Super-Visor attach to the existing face shield with adhesive and is any trimming of the Super-Visor necessary to fit the C3?

Thanks,
Gar
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks, Meldrew. The Super-Visor doesn't really appeal to me - but I just ordered their Sunblocker (mounts inside the visor). I'll see how well that goes for a bit before reconsidering something like the Super-Visor.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:10 am

You are supposed to install the Super-Visor by sanding down two bits at the top of your helmet visor and then using Activator Primer and Tape Pads for a permanent install. This seemed a bit too complicated for the likes of me, the Schuberth J1 visor is curved at the top edge, and I didn't want to obscure the two reflective patches on the helmet with the Super-Visor either. So it was easier to stick two pieces of female (loop) adhesive Velcro on the the visor and two male (hook) pieces on the Super-Visor. It works very well and heat, rain, and wind haven't affected the Velcro, you can swap one Super-Visor between different helmets this way.
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 am

Roger that, Meldrew. I have the velcro dot pads that may do the trick.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helmet: Schuberth C-3   Helmet: Schuberth C-3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helmet: Schuberth C-3
Page 1 of 1