Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

LED Turnsignals

Go down 
+3
bikerdaryl
Vealie
Cosmic_Jumper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 pm

I upgraded my headlamp to a 55 Wt HID bulb kit from DDM Tuning. Needless to say, but it makes a huge difference in night riding --to the point of making standard incandescent bulbs look like candle light.

I was following a, very experienced, fellow rider (during a day time ride) who noted that that the HID light was so brilliant that he was unable to see whether my front turn signal/marker lights were on.

That's not a good thing.

So, my question is: does anyone knows of a good quality LED bulb that will replace the front marker/turn signal bulbs? Something that will be bright enough to stand out against the HID headlight.

Has anyone switched to LED turn signals? If so, what's the deal? Anyone know what the front turn signal/marker bulb # is?

Bill, Dan, Dennis...anybody?

Tim
Back to top Go down
Vealie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Vealie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-18

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 pm

You can get LED's bulbs which are a direct replacement for the normal ones. They have a cluster of about 20 LED's and are somewhat larger than convensional bulbs. There should be some on eBay to take a look at. But......you might need to add some extra resistors if they flash to quickly the exact amount of extra ballast needed would probably be trial and error, some require 10 ohms others 20. But if you give it go let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 am

Bump for more exposure
Back to top Go down
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 pm

So far as my research goes, there are not any LED bulbs that will be as bright as a regular bulb.Standard 1157 bulbs are 38 Lumen(Running) and 402 Lumen High. Most LED replacement bulbs do not rate over 100 Lumens on High..

A better idea would be to install LED lights in areas that would be outside of the "glow" area of your headlight that others could see. I would consider putting them on the mirror for example using KisanTech's Vectralights.
Vectralight
Or adding flat strip LEDs in the cowling around the radiator.
Ebay link to led turn signal strip

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:53 pm

LED Turn signal/ LED Flood light combo (pair)

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-24/LED-Turn-signal-fdsh--LED/Detail.bok

Plus there is the ADVrider discount.

Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:47 pm

I have the same issue with Tim as we both have the same HID kits. I also have LED driving lights, so I'm sure my turn signals get drowned out even more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 am

I would suggest going to this site: v-leds.com They are VERY bright and are designed to fill the housing with light. Replaced the front turn signal, tail and backup lamps in my F150 and the difference is amazing. They have kits available for the blinkers ready to splice in.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:33 am

DarthJ wrote:
I would suggest going to this site: v-leds.com They are VERY bright and are designed to fill the housing with light. Replaced the front turn signal, tail and backup lamps in my F150 and the difference is amazing. They have kits available for the blinkers ready to splice in.

Yowza...$80/bulb!

Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but thank you very much for the reply.

Maybe I gotta re-think this
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 am

Yeah, they're expensive, but they're worth it for the visibility. The prices are for pairs.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

LED Turnsignals Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Turnsignals   LED Turnsignals I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

DarthJ wrote:
I would suggest going to this site:  v-leds.com  They are VERY bright and are designed to fill the housing with light.  Replaced the front turn signal, tail and backup lamps in my F150 and the difference is amazing.  They have kits available for the blinkers ready to splice in.

Has anyone tried V-LEDS on the SWing front turn signals? Parts used? Issues? Or can you suggest a good alternate. I am only planning on doing the front at this time. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

LED Turnsignals
Page 1 of 1