Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 2:07 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 12:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?

Go down 
+3
pancho
Cosmic_Jumper
toolboxjesse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 pm

For the past few weeks my fuel gauge has been going from full to empty and back to full numerous times during my commute. Before I start taking off panels and whip out my DVOM has anybody have experience with this and know a fix for it?
Its a relatively minor problem, but it is getting annoying.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Can't say that I have heard that one before. But damn, Jesse, you sure lead a charmed life with that scoot. Leaking main seal and now fuel gauge whipping 'round like a windshield wiper.

Only thing that I can think of is that there is a weak ground connection somewhere in the circuit.

Either that or the previous owned slipped in a Lucas component from a old Brit bike and now you've got the curse of the god of darkness on your ride.

Tim
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah, it was a salvage bike when i bought it with 7000 miles. I had been looking for one for about a year in the NY metro area within my price range when i found this one. I love the bike otherwise but in the long run I had to put a lot of work into it (thankfully I can do all my own work). Aside from the fuel gauge issue the bike is 100% now.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Check and clean/replace the fuse for the fuel gauge.....start with the basics first Idea
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:14 pm

If you don't find out the problem you will have to play the 'Reset a trip meter at every fill-up game' Rules are very simple. First one to run out of fuel pushes! Exclamation

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 pm

toolboxjesse wrote:
For the past few weeks my fuel gauge has been going from full to empty and back to full numerous times during my commute.

Jesse in Atlanta

I only experience this when looping and rolling!!!

But seriously - Nope never experienced nor ever heard of your problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:43 am

Waspie wrote:
I only experience this when looping and rolling!!!

You or the Silverwing Question Razz
Back to top Go down
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:15 pm

With a salvaged bike there would be a good chance of a poor ground, as has been suggested. Might even be at the battery. I always try to check the simple stuff first and work towards the more complex. Was your bike reconstructed after becoming salvage? This might account for ground wires not reconnected or connected at a different point. The factories general mask off the ground points before painting the frame. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

thanks.
Not sure- the original owner passed away. The bike has been fine for 3 years and has only started happening recently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?   Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge all wonky- anyone ever experience this?
Page 1 of 1