Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sharker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
sharker

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications Empty
PostSubject: Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications   Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 am

I have just completed a few performance mods on my 2009 FSC600A and recommend them to anyone with a Silver Wing.

At 15,000km I replaced the original tires with Pirelli Diablo. The ride and cornering feel improved immediately. The originals were skittish in the higher speed corners, but the Pirellis feel firmly planted. My passenger concurs with my opinion of both the improved ride and cornering feel.

To improve the sound I chose the Leo Vince system. My kit came with a female fitting on the collector pipe for the O2 sensor and a bung if you want to eliminate the sensor. My O2 sensor is in place. Sound on acceleration and slowing are much improved. Not loud, but husky.

My mechanic's opinion on the K&N filter was that there would be a mis-match if I did nothing with the fuel injection. So I ordered the K&N along with the FI controller from Techlusion, the F-1025:

http://www.techlusion.com/scooters/fuelinjection.asp

The F-1025 is lower tech that tne Dynotune because the settings are done on 4 small screws with a screwdriver and not a computer. The manufacturer supplied me with settings for both stock and free flow air filter/exhaust setups.

The new setup is smoother at all RPM, the scooter seems to run one small notch cooler on the highway, and 100 RPM less at 100kph. Needless to say the throttle response is instant at all RPM and the seat of my pants tells me the acceleration is improved. The RPM jump to 5000 immediately on full throttle whereas before the jump was to 4500. My average fuel consumption for the first 18,000km was 4.3 l/100km. My first tank after the mods was 4.2 l/100km. So far it doesn't prove much, but I don't expect to spend any more on fuel.

I like it!

Steve - Kingston, ON
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications   Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 am

Hi Steve.

Did you buy your LeoVince in Canada?
Do you have a part# and supplier for the exhaust with the O2 sensor fitting?

In reading LeoVince's propaganda, here's what they say about the new 4Road:
"Machine-specific tuning to work with stock fuel settings".

I would consider a K&N within the realm of a stock intake system. The limiting factor seems to be the airflow into the air box. Have you drilled out your air box for increased airflow?

Have you considered a Dr. Pulley HiT clutch and lighter sliders to enhance acceleration and efficiency at the same time? The clutch will not slip on acceleration like the stock and the sliders will allow higher initial rpm while accelerating, putting the engine right at its 5k rpm torque peak.
Thanks, Terry
Back to top Go down

Silver Wing Accessories & Modifications
Page 1 of 1