Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What to do with all that kit when you arrive?

Go down 
+3
Meldrew
john grinsel
wingnprayer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

What to do with all that kit when you arrive? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 am

OK, so you've got the underseat space for the lids and maybe you've got a top box for one person's jacket, trousers, gloves, boots, etc. But what about the pillion's gear.... and what if you wanted to take a picnic or something else.

I give you one possible solution:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacsafe-StuffSafe-Waterproof-Secure-Stuffsack/dp/B000YOLDZS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Does anyone know of an alternative/cheaper system or have another solution?

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 am

I just take it off and leave with/on bike---or even in unlocked top box.

I use cheap DOT helmets...of no value to thief...and they usually stink, too.

Over 56 year period--in asia/europe/mexico/central america, never lost anything from bike including lots of carried gear. Once in Italy, 1959, was using shot/dirty jacket as blanket as I took nap---somebody took it off me, not bike.

If not too hot, I just leave jacket/pants on....I am not hiding the fact I rode in----meeting my boss at Rhein-Main AP, in my wet/dirty Aerostich some idiot tried have me thrown out of AP Bar---screw 'em, it didn't work.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am

I had this problem with storing the pillion riders kit, and solved it buy using a Pacsafe 55litre net with an Ortlieb waterproof stuff sack. It takes all Mrs M's gear with ease and I secure it to the passenger seat with the cable and padlock through one hand rail, and by passing a helmet cable through the mesh and securing it to the other hand rail with a second padlock.

"Works for me." Wink

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am

I love the word "kit." We don't have a good word for that here. We would use "junk" or "stuff." Or in George Carlin's language, "if it's your shit it's stuff. If it's someone else's stuff it's shit."

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

DuggleBogey wrote:
I love the word "kit." We don't have a good word for that here. We would use "junk" or "stuff." Or in George Carlin's language, "if it's your shit it's stuff. If it's someone else's stuff it's shit."

Stuff Carson was just another buckskin clad frontiersman until he changed his name to Kit! Smile
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 pm

On a couple occasions, I have carried extra gear in one of two seabags Uncle Sam issued to me during my US Marine Corps service that I still own and use many years later.

They are very heavy canvas, hold their shape nicely, and lockable at one end. By not filling it all the way, it works as an oversize tunnel bag. With a bicycle cable lock, there's enough security to prevent a snatch and run while parked, but not a determined thief.

It's not a perfect solution, but good for a need that arises every now and then, and the price is right.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cbaker8702_2158_56720255
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm

What to do with all that kit when you arrive? Attachment
Time to trade?
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 am

The Pacific Coast 800 was YEARS ahead of its time!! billc. Loved mine, but love the S'wing much more the older I get.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What to do with all that kit when you arrive?   What to do with all that kit when you arrive? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

Theives be afraid, be very afraid!!

What to do with all that kit when you arrive? Teeth10
Back to top Go down

What to do with all that kit when you arrive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: