Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

modular helmet

Go down 
+9
Acquit
eddy
aidanpryde18
randybuck
MikeO
Waspie
Buickguy
bigbird
Eldon
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Eldon

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-05-12

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Thinking about getting a modular helmet any ideas, opinions or good deals out there?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:27 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 am

Modular is the only way I go anymore.
The Schuberth helmets are great. I have one from my BMW days.
The only downside is the new ones are costly.

It was the Schuberth BMW system helmet that got me on to modulars in the first place.
I have an HJC CL Max II as well. Not a bad helmet, good protection and fit.
Not as quiet as the Schuberth.
I have heard good things about the Shark Evoline and some other modulars as well but not tried them personally.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:35 am

I own a cheaper modular lid and I wouldn't have another. I suppose it's true about ya pays for what ya gets!!

That said, if finance allows a Schubert C1 or C3 would be idealy my next helmet. However now Michael Schumaker has got into biking, Schubert have linked in with him and produced another modular helmet with input from Schumaker. Still at a price though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 am

Modular for me.
I've had a Roof Boxer, Caberg something-or-other and now have Nolan N102 and Nolan N43 with the removable chin-bar.
Both of my current lids are good, especially as I travel to and fro to the UK and have to show my face at Customs - a full-face helmet has to be removed and that's a pain!
Back to top Go down
randybuck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-17

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 am

I have the Shark Evoline and I love it. It's pricey but it has nice features. The modular chin protector flips all the way to the back of the helmet so you use as an open face if you choose, the shield is optically correct so looking through it is like not having it down, and last it has an internal sun visor that you can flip down if you choose to so sunglasses are not needed.

Like I said its pricey but I wouldn't have any other helmet after wearing this one. Just my point of view.
Back to top Go down
aidanpryde18
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:18 am

How's the noise level in the Evoline? I really like the concept of that helmet for errand running so I don't have to take the lid off when I go into a store for a quick pickup, but it needs to be decently quiet for the longer trips too.
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:26 am

Jet helmets are the more comfort.

Easy putting on your head...and weight...and temperature in summer.

But the less safety.

For the summer i have the Nolan 43 , like MikeO.
Without the chin piece mounted.

Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:29 am

Wow $700 for a helmet with no electronics in it? The shield must be made of Swarofski Crystal.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:32 am

x

Back to top Go down
randybuck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-17

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:56 pm

The Evoline seems to be pretty quiet for me, but every one needs to judge that for them selves
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Eldon wrote:
Thinking about getting a modular helmet any ideas, opinions or good deals out there?

Gmax 44s ran $135 with a helmet bag, extra visor and visor bag included. It seems to work well, though fogs up in almost any temperature, and earplugs are needed over 50mph.

My next will be modular and not black.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Acquit wrote:
My next will be modular and not black.

I always get white. It gives good visibility and stays cooler.
Besides, it goes with everything.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:44 pm

bigbird wrote:

As does my Hi-Viz helmet :lol!:

For the price of your helmet, it better give good visibility, make you smile and make breakfast in the morning!
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:17 pm

No doubt a Schuberth is a great helmet.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:43 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Darkheart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-20

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 pm

My wife and I both have Seven zero seven modulars that we bought new for sixty a piece. Nice helmets a little heavier than a SHOEI Modular. But to go just to go for a short ride prefer the "707" and a long ride we will use our Shoei's
Back to top Go down
Skrone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-10

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I have a Seven Zero Seven Crusader. Fits like a glove. I got it from cycle gear and it was $99. Unfortunately I crash tested it. It worked great, no injuries, but I'll be replacing it as a precaution. You can see the whole story in the safety section. In short, it's a great helmet.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Does anyone know anything about the J1? Im not a fan of modular's

modular helmet  Mattschwarz_02
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I've worn a Schuberth J1 as my main helmet for a few years now, it's quiet, all day comfortable, and being an open face there's no misting problems. The stock grey tinted drop down sun visor isn't very effective so I fitted a Super-Visor, there's also a brown tinted sun visor available. I also have a fleece draught guard that pushes straight onto the jaw guard that is very effective in cold weather

The 'U' shaped jaw guard stiffens the lower part of the helmet, and offers greater protection than a normal open face, locks into position after putting on the helmet. You unlock and remove the jaw guard before taking the helmet off, and that's the helmets only weak point. You can put it down and ride off without it, I've done that twice now and they're £20 or 20 Euros to replace. I now have the jaw guard on a short piece of elastic shock cord that I wear necklace style to prevent me from losing it, simple and effective.

I fitted the Interphone F4 Intercom to the J1 earlier this year, using the boom mike and earphones for open faces, the communicator unit is attatched to the outside using the adhesive backed holder, as the helmet shell is too wide to use the clamp holder.

So it's a helmet I like, but I've never had a problem wearing an open face, and I still have an Arai SZ I like to wear. Now that I've just bought a flip front Scorpion EXO-900, I won't now be buying a HJC IS-Multi, that's a modular helmet you can wear in 7 different ways including full face with a peak.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:06 pm

that's the helmets only weak point. You can put it down and ride off without it, I've done that twice now

I did exactly that with my N43. With incredible luck I found it the following day, nestling in the grass verge at the side of the motorway.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:20 pm

So im stuck between the Shuberth j1 and the Nolan n43 series now. Unlike my sportbikes, i ride the silverwing around town quit a bit and i hate the "ear plugs, sunglasses,helmet, gloves routine" over and over. Makes it a pain in the asss if you know what i mean, to go running around town!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

modular helmet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: modular helmet    modular helmet  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

modular helmet
Page 1 of 1