Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tool for adjusting Shocks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Tool for adjusting Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:06 pm

I had a tool with my 03 SW that was left on it when i sold it. I should have kept the kit. Now I need to adjust the shocks for my trike and I can not find a tool for that. I have bought one tool in a Honda store and another off EBay... neither fit the shock on the SW. Do any of you have a PN for me to search the net for?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:54 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Now I need to adjust the shocks for my trike and I can not find a tool for that.

http://tinyurl.com/3omnkoq

I belive you are looking for 89215-404-670
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:31 am

If you put the bike on the center stand (ok, on a trike you may need to jack it up) you can simply grab the shocks and twist. If you get a good grip they will turn. I just reset mine from 2 to 3. Be careful of the muffler (make sure it is cool).

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:29 am

Hey Gary,

Best to use your floor jack under your trike and lift the scooter (where the center stand was) a little to take some of the weight off the shocks when adjusting.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Dennis, I will go out to the scoot later and do the jack thing and see if I can turn the shock by hand. I am not srue if there is a place to jack up the scoot without getting under the frame for the trike kit. I will look, just in case, do you think it will make any difference. I can jack up under the rear assembly if you think that will take the weight off the shocks. I will go look after lunch.

Ishkatan, I have tried to turn by hand without any success. That was while the trike is on the ground. Will see if getting some weight off the shock will make it easier to adjust.

Bill, I am going to order that whole kit. Had that with the 03. Sure wish I had kept it when I sold it. Didn't realize how rare that kit is.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
I will go out to the scoot later and do the jack thing and see if I can turn the shock by hand. I am not srue if there is a place to jack up the scoot without getting under the frame for the trike kit. I will look, just in case, do you think it will make any difference.

The first time I could not move my shock, then I put it on the center stand and was able to easily turn by hand ... so taking the weight off does make a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Once again you all prove that I am lucky that I am not on my own when it comes to doing things to the scoot.

I jacked the trike up just a little and the shock turned by hand with very little trouble... Actually, it turned so easily the first grip, I mashed my finger when the spring jumped a fraction of an inch. After a few "dad burn its"... and sucking on my finger... I finished the adjusting.

Thanks guys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tool for adjusting Shocks   Tool for adjusting Shocks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tool for adjusting Shocks
Page 1 of 1