Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.

Go down 
+4
alejom
joncallihan
bigbird
DennisB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  Empty
PostSubject: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:30 am

VisiPath headlight modulator. If I still had my scooter I would try one of these.

This is the worlds smallest headlight modulator. Looks interesting. Anyone ever use or try this.

http://www.comagination.com/modulator.htm
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:24 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Terry, Because you had a bad experiance with customer service, it does not mean the product is bad.

Here is a review from Webbikeworld that has some interesting pionts on all the moduators on the market today. Decide for yourself.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/comagination/visipath/visipath.htm

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/modulator.htm
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:17 am

Dennis,
Bad customer service will make any product bad by association.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

I just bought it last week; I purchased the combo package that includes the headlight modulator and the brake flasher.

It arrived in just 3 days via US mail, good packaging, instructions, etc.

I installed both devices in under 2 hours and that is because I removed the side panel for easier access to the rear wiring.

The modulator, IMO, has an advantage in comparison to other brands; it works with the high beam only, so to modulate the light, just turn the high beam on, to stop it (in heavy traffic, etc) just turn it off; it does not interfere with the low beam.

The brake flasher is ok, but I think the blinks have a very short "on" period; the incandescent bulb seems not to come to full brightness during the flashes, only when the light goes to steady on, after flashing 3 or 4 times. I ordered LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com and I will post my results here if you guys are interested.

I sent an email to comagination because I was not sure if the flasher was working right. I received an email with their phone number asking me to call them, and so I did. Phill, the person who sent the email to me was very nice and asked me to consider sending the flasher back and they would test it and replace if defective.

I found later on a video on youtube where I can see the flasher working in the same way my does, so I assumed it is working as designed, and then is when I decided to order the LED bulbs.

FYI, I installed the modulator by removing the windshield, the instruments cluster top cover and the right hand side glovebox. that was enough room to reach and work it out. The light sensor fits nicely in between the little vents at the bottom of the instrument cluster (the row of about 16 square holes); I inserted it from the bottom up and it stays there almost impossible to notice.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:00 pm

I use the Kisan modulator on my Goldwing and Silverwing but think any brand is a good idea. Mine are both set up to modulate the high beam because it's the most noticeable. I've had oncoming cars flash their head lights at me but really think the reason is they are trying to get my attention to the fact that my headlights are flickering. I don't see how the SW's high beam headlight would bother folks, I haven't had any complaints from anyone from the modulator on the much more powerful headlights of my Goldwing 1800. I'm a strong believer in having things like a modulator that get people's attention. True, some people have pulled over thinking I'm a motor officer, especially when riding my GW with it's two antennas and all but at least they saw me. That kind of thing will occur less once modulators are more common.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Ooo Dennis I hope you don't let my dark side out of the bag.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm

OK Roger, You got it old buddy.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

:lol!: Darth model28a rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

I deleted a post here since I didn't think it was appropriate. Terry (bigbird) mentioned that he received bad customer service and a comment was made against him. I removed that post. I don't think Terry deserved to have a post made against him like that. Sorry Terry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.    Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds Smallest Headlight Modulator.
Page 1 of 1