Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mandurama to Millthorpe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Mandurama to Millthorpe Empty
PostSubject: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

Hi!

Here is a ride report for a trip that I undertook last October (I know, I've been bloody slack). Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the read:

Mandurama to Millthorpe

Regards,
Peter
small moped
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 am

Peter,

It looks like it was a really nice ride. But I have a couple of questions?

What did you bring with you on this trip if it was more than just one day?

And did it all fit under your seat?

One of these days I will get the chance to do a multiday ride. Thanks for writing this up and I'm sure many others will enjoy reading it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 am

JeffR wrote:

1. What did you bring with you on this trip if it was more than just one day?
  2. And did it all fit under your seat?

One of these days I will get the chance to do a multiday ride. Thanks for writing this up and I'm sure many others will enjoy reading it.

Jeff,

One of the reasons I traded my previous Honda CB900F in for the SilverWing was the scooter's ability to tour. I ride one-up so don't have to worry about a pillion. I purchased a light weight duffel style bag like this:

Mandurama to Millthorpe 2764

It's about 60 ltr capacity and fits neatly under the 'Wing's seat. I can carry enough changes of undies, socks, etc. and toiletries for five or six days.

I should explain also that I don't camp; instead I stay in old pubs wherever possible.

My website CaseysBeach(dot)com has links to other rides I've done if you are interested.

I would recommend that you try to give it a go; the 'Wing is a great tourer. A previous riding companion had a Honda NV700 and IMHO the "Wing was much better than that.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mandurama to Millthorpe 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:56 am

Great report. Everywhere has places to ride. It's just a matter of getting out there and going, My ex-wife, emphasis on ex, used to ask where I was going when I got my bike out. I'd say , "Ask me where I've been when I get back." I knew I was going to the end of the street and turning either right or left' After that,who knew. I always liked the Austalian term "going walkabout" For some, the best part is the planning. For others it's the ride. Both are right. Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

A great ride story which brought back many memories for me. Our squadron participated in an exercise in Cairns in 1979 with the Royal Australian military forces and then moved to Sydney, where we stayed for about a week, and later to Hobart for two or three days.

We had a wonderful time in Australia. Several of our ship's crew and Marines worked at a St Vincent de Paul home outside Sydney and we had an opportunity to travel through the countryside to get there. I remember thinking then-and your photos reminded me now-that rural Australia, at least in those areas, very much resembles the northern Central Valley of California, where I am from. Both are relatively flat grasslands interspersed with groves of trees (gum trees there, I'm thinking, and mostly oaks here). Lots of farms and ranches and small-to-medium-sized towns. In the spring, the wildflowers bloom in profusion.

I've attached a couple of photos to show the comparison (the bike is what I owned prior to the SWing).

Thanks again for the great writeup...I definitely wish to return to Australia and do some touring there!
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: Mandurama to Millthorpe   Mandurama to Millthorpe I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Jinglebob wrote:
... your photos reminded me now-that rural Australia, at least in those areas, very much resembles the northern Central Valley of California, where I am from...

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words and photos. You are right, either of those photos could be somewhere in outback NSW. We also have oaks and the ubiquitous Pinus Radiata (though it is not native). The cruiser looks like it would be a good ride in those conditions.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down

Mandurama to Millthorpe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: