Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:21 am

» New member from Europe
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SilverWing 250!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:37 am

The following is a Google Translation from the French website Scooter-station.com:

A replacement for the Honda Forza 250

Friday, January 21, 2011

Honda S-wing 250, a reality?

At Honda, since the Forza has disappeared from the range, it is clear that it now lacks a scooter GT between the S-wing 125 and SW-T 400. Insofar as the luxurious S-wing base already exists and that the scooter with some success, why not wear its displacement to 250 cm3? Scooter-Station has asked France to Honda. Here's the answer from the manufacturer.

While the Honda Forza 250 has never had commercial success. However in its segment, it must recognize that the scooter was offering a luxury alternative to sporty X-Max 250 or other maxiscooters "light", benefit-oriented functionality. The equipment included two-wheeler in fact among the best in class. Better yet, its operation was quite entertaining thanks to its automatic transmission adjustable handlebar to several modes (corresponding to different types of conduct), plus a final configuration while providing the pilot approval of a sequential gearbox. Yes but now, with so much technology on board, the craft was trading at a price close to € 6 000 and its price / performance was not to his advantage. So lack of commercial success, the Forza has disappeared from the catalog since Honda last year. It is therefore more Gt between the S-wing 125 and SW-T 400. We wonder about his replacement and then imagine that Honda could well bring on this segment its model 250 S-Wing 125.

Journalists that we are dreaming, the Japanese manufacturer it brings us back to reality. Indeed, Honda explains that the first niche maxiscooters of 250/300 cm3 is not particularly promising in France. At European level, particularly in the south of our continent, large-wheeled scooters are more popular. Also, the appearance of a Honda S-wing 250 could cannibalize sales of the HS 300, the best-seller in these countries there. But in his response, Honda does not completely close the door to the vehicle. Our respondents indicate that indeed the model could be interesting for the brand beyond 2012, if the market moves in that direction. Today we says it, Honda is all about its line SW-T and SH. On this last model presented soon in a new version style modernized and equipped with a 300 cm3 engine, the brand even makes a big effort to market it at a rate less than 5 000 €.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Peter,

I have read that the Forza (the old Reflex in the U.S.) had a gearbox for the ones sold in Japan. I wonder why they just don't put something like that on the SW600. I also read where someone in Japan had/has a SW600 with a button kind of like the power button on the Burgman 650. I think he said that it has 2 different "Maps" for economy and Power.

But I'm surprised Honda doesn't have a 250cc here in the states. The Sh150 and 300 are kind of expensive. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

JeffR wrote:
... I'm surprised Honda doesn't have a 250cc here in the states. The Sh150 and 300 are kind of expensive.

Jeff,

In Australia Honda has not imported the SW 600 since the 2007 MY; my bike is a 2007 which I purchased new in late 2009. In fact Honda priced "old" stock very aggressively probably to get rid of them (they did the same with the DN-01). They were selling the SW-T 400 for 12 months but it no longer appears in their catalogue. So for us "down under" the SH-300 is as big as it gets if you want a new Honda scooter.

Personally, that presents me with a problem when it comes around to replacing my 600 in a year or so. As much as I like Honda products (this is my fourth Honda) they don't provide our local market with the choice they do in Europe and the USA. I will probably have to look at a Harley Davidson Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 am

This is probably irrelevant (so feel free to ignore it) but in the UK it is BHP which counts, not engine size, because of the Motorcycle Licence arrangements.
Therefore, theoretically, a 250cc bike may produce too much power for a Restricted Licence - the cut-off is 33BHP (or 32, I forget which) and a 400 may produce less than that.
This is according to Manufacturers' Specifications.
Hence, Piaggio produced the X8 400/XEvo 400 at 32BHP to fall into the lower category.
I don't know what the Silverwing 400 is rated at and it's not available in the UK anyway but perhaps that's why Honda don't make anything between 125 and 400 - do they build for particular markets?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Seems to me all the first article says is that the reporter wants to see a Silverwing 250 and Honda says, "It's not likely but not impossible either."

I don't know what in the article there is to be excited about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SilverWing 250!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing 250!!!   SilverWing 250!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SilverWing 250!!!
Page 1 of 1