Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.
 
HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shocks setting
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:31 am

» Side stand “shoe”
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby MattinAZ Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Swinging in the Rain
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» Front wheel wobble
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» HayvenMoses
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Tell us a joke
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 12:18 am

» Squeaking Rubbing sound
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:38 pm

» any gilera gp800 riders
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:21 pm

» The Blue Suit
Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeby terrier Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:40 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
 

 Differences in Year Models?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
biketrash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
biketrash

Number of posts : 5
Location : Austin, Texas
Points : 3912
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 am

I'm at the beginning stages of thinking about buying a Silverwing and would like to buy used to save money. I've spent several hours reading through this forum and another forum and have learned so much. Thanks! Here are a few specific questions I still have.

1. Is there any particular year(s) model I should avoid? If so, why?

2. Have there been any real changes or updates between the different year models? If so, what?

3. Will the different colors of tupperware fit on all models? For example, if I want a blue Silverwing, can I replace the panels on a different year model with blue panels? (Hope that made sense!)

Thanks! Smile
Linda
Back to top Go down
http://biketrashholiday.com/
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 2778
Age : 71
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi Linda,

I think one of the biggest changes that Honda made over the years to the Silverwing was they went to Textures Black Glove boxes and surround in 2007. Before that they were the same color as the scooter.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Location : Georgetown, Tx
Points : 7167
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:38 pm

biketrash wrote:
I'm at the beginning stages of thinking about buying a Silverwing and would like to buy used to save money.

Some Honda dealers are sealing new Honda Silver Wings ( earlier years ) at discount for example

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=honda+silver+wing&_sacat=6720&_dmpt=Scooters_Mopeds&_odkw=&_osacat=6720&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Or

http://www.scooterfinds.com/honda-silver-wings

biketrash wrote:
Here are a few specific questions I still have.

1. Is there any particular year(s) model I should avoid? If so, why?

No problem with years ... just ensure recalls (if any most years do not) have been performed

biketrash wrote:
2. Have there been any real changes or updates between the different year models? If so, what?

2007 Console redesign
2008 O2 sensor


biketrash wrote:
3. Will the different colors of tupperware fit on all models? For example, if I want a blue Silverwing, can I replace the panels on a different year model with blue panels? (Hope that made sense!)

I am not 100% sure this is always true.

It might be cheaper to get a custom paint job .... for any color you want.
Back to top Go down
biketrash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
biketrash

Number of posts : 5
Location : Austin, Texas
Points : 3912
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:35 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Linda,

I think one of the biggest changes that Honda made over the years to the Silverwing was they went to Textures Black Glove boxes and surround in 2007. Before that they were the same color as the scooter.

Thanks, Dennis! Smile

Lindas
Back to top Go down
http://biketrashholiday.com/
biketrash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
biketrash

Number of posts : 5
Location : Austin, Texas
Points : 3912
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:46 pm

honda_silver wrote:
biketrash wrote:
I'm at the beginning stages of thinking about buying a Silverwing and would like to buy used to save money.

Some Honda dealers are sealing new Honda Silver Wings ( earlier years ) at discount for example

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=honda+silver+wing&_sacat=6720&_dmpt=Scooters_Mopeds&_odkw=&_osacat=6720&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Or

http://www.scooterfinds.com/honda-silver-wings

biketrash wrote:
Here are a few specific questions I still have.

1. Is there any particular year(s) model I should avoid? If so, why?

No problem with years ... just ensure recalls (if any most years do not) have been performed

biketrash wrote:
2. Have there been any real changes or updates between the different year models? If so, what?

2007 Console redesign
2008 O2 sensor


biketrash wrote:
3. Will the different colors of tupperware fit on all models? For example, if I want a blue Silverwing, can I replace the panels on a different year model with blue panels? (Hope that made sense!)

I am not 100% sure this is always true.

It might be cheaper to get a custom paint job .... for any color you want.

Thanks, Dennis!

Then it sounds like it's all pretty much the same with the engine and there isn't some specific thing I should necessarily avoid. That sure makes looking around easier.

The O2 sensor change in 2008 -- does that have to do with emissions?

I've been following that SWing on ebay in Russellville. Too bad I don't have the cash on hand. First I'll have to sell my V-Star 1300. Don't want to take a loan out on a toy. No

Thanks!
Linda
Back to top Go down
http://biketrashholiday.com/
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Location : Georgetown, Tx
Points : 7167
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:09 pm

biketrash wrote:
The O2 sensor change in 2008 -- does that have to do with emissions?

Emissions and potential fuel mixture.

biketrash wrote:
I've been following that SWing on ebay in Russellville. Too bad I don't have the cash on hand. First I'll have to sell my V-Star 1300. Don't want to take a loan out on a toy.

Since it is a new Honda, it may quality for the 3.99% 36 month offering ... which may make it a cheaper option.


Back to top Go down
biketrash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
biketrash

Number of posts : 5
Location : Austin, Texas
Points : 3912
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:28 pm

honda_silver wrote:

Since it is a new Honda, it may quality for the 3.99% 36 month offering ... which may make it a cheaper option.



You're making this very hard on me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://biketrashholiday.com/
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Location : Georgetown, Tx
Points : 7167
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Differences in Year Models? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differences in Year Models?   Differences in Year Models? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:59 pm

biketrash wrote:
honda_silver wrote:

Since it is a new Honda, it may quality for the 3.99% 36 month offering ... which may make it a cheaper option.

You're making this very hard on me! Laughing

Differences in Year Models? Download-angels-smileys-guardian-angels-angels-male-smiley-angel-smiley-emoticon-000076-large

Since it is a new Honda you could also buy an extended warranty too. When I purchased a 5 year extended warranty ... it paid for itself when I had to have my stator replaced.


Back to top Go down
 
Differences in Year Models?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» World's fastest 14 year old girl - Hannah Cunliffe - 11.71
» Belleville Bulls' Mike Murphy named OHL goaltender of the year
» Buying a 20 year old vehicle
» Colin Greening signed to a 3 year deal! 3 years, 0.866 per year, 2.45 total
» 11 year old boy held down, stripped, humiliated, and the perpetrators get a slap on the wrist.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: