Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit

Go down 
+10
alejom
billc.
joncallihan
Sweendog
Atlanticfun
DaveR
bigbird
edbancro
MaxB
thomphoto
14 posters
AuthorMessage
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit Empty
PostSubject: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Where are some of you buying the Hyperpro spring set for $139.00?? The only source I can find is Hyperpro site and they are $169.
Thanks,
Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Quick answer. inflation.
As the dollar tanks compared to foreign currencies , the price goes up. Honda parts go up almost every month, as do most farkels for my bikes.
Ex retaining clip for main body. (lost some) 2 months ago they were 30 cents now today they were 50 cents.

maxb (who sees everthing going up in price almost daily)
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I bought mine from EPM Performance Imports:http://www.epmperf.com/, and they were $139 plus shipping (came out to about $150ish I think). No online ordering, so you have to call, but it's quick and painless (just look up the part number on their site first). They don't keep them in stock, or at least they didn't when I ordered, but I still got them in about a week (I think they get weekly shipments from Hyperpro, so it all depends on when you place the order). Came with the full kit (springs+fork oil).
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks Max and ed.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 pm

I just ordered the Hyperpro springs from EPM. (at $139 plus shipping).

Are there any gaskets, dust covers, o-rings, or other OEM parts that I will need to replace when I install the Hyperpro springs?

Thanks for all the great information on this forum.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm

thomphoto wrote:
Are there any gaskets, dust covers, o-rings, or other OEM parts that I will need to replace when I install the Hyperpro springs?

The service manual says you should replace the o-ring on the cap, but seems like one of those things you can reinstall a few times without any ill effects as long as it looks okay (I didn't replace mine). The Hyperpro kit comes with some grease to put on that o-ring, which should help it not tear or something while you reinstall.

If your dust and oils seals have some age/miles on them, you may want to go ahead and replace those while you've got the forks off the bike. The parts are only about $20 or so (2 of SKU: 51490-MCT-003 for my '03, probably the same for other years). That may mean completely disassembling the forks (depending if you do it the service manual's way or not), whereas installing the springs only requires that you remove that top cap.

A couple more comments: You won't need the stock spacer (you'll find that it's next to impossible to reinstall with the Hyperpros anyway), and follow Hyperpro's oil level recommendation (it's slightly lower than Honda's).
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks Ed!
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:21 pm

thomphoto wrote:
Thanks Ed!

No problem. In addition to whatever comes up from searching "hyperpro", there was also a brief digression here related to installation.

Let us know how you like them!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm still trying to find out what all is involved in replacing the "fork seals"
on my 2005 Silverwing. Is there a link I can refer to?
Thank You
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 pm

DaveR wrote:
I'm still trying to find out what all is involved in replacing the "fork seals"
on my 2005 Silverwing. Is there a link I can refer to?
Thank You
Old Dave

https://www.silverwing600.com/general-chat-f12/hyperpro-fork-springs-t1440.htm
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Max,
Thank you for the help on the "Fork Seal" replacement. I wonder by comparison, what the difference is re-building the 'Stock' front springs vs "Hyperpro" Front Spring Kit in dollars.....
Back to top Go down
Atlanticfun
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Is there ANY thing for the rear springs and shocks on these bikes?
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Atlanticfun wrote:
Is there ANY thing for the rear springs and shocks on these bikes?
Yes, I believe you can get Hagon shocks for the rear.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:03 pm

DaveR,

Hyperpro springs are not a "fork spring rebuild". The Hyperpro springs are merely springs made of a slightly heavier wire, wound with a variable pitch so they get more resistant to compressing while being compressed. It would not surprise me if the Hyperpro springs were also variably hardened.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am

Well, I FINALLY installed my Hyper Pro's yesterday. Much easier that I had anticipated. First thing I did was remove the front fender, and brake unit from the wheel. After putting the swing on the center stand, I loosened the left axel bolt, then lifted the front enough to slide a 2x4 under the wheel. Then I slid a box with a piece of rubber on top under the body right behind the wheel. Lifted the wheel from the 2x4 and set it down on the box, and was ready to proceed. Next I loosened the left and right side axel retainer bolts (have to lay on the floor for this), and finished removing the left axel bolt. Put a screwdriver thru the hole on the right side and pulled the axel out. Took the wheel out and cleaned good. Contrary to what some have posted, I was able to get a socket on the fork retaining bolts without removing any tupperware, but they were so tight I had to slip a piece of pipe over my rachet for a helper. I loosened, but did not remove the bolts, enough for the fork tube to come out. I used my air hammer ratchet to remove the top cap by setting the fork on the floor and pressing down to keep things from flying out. The spacer and washer still flew out when the cap came loose, so remove carefully. Removed the old spring and poured out the fluid (10 oz, pump it a few times to get al the fluid out). Installed the Hyper Pro and refilled with the Hyper Pro fluid,(pump the fork several times to remove any air bubbles) , replaced the washer (you don't use the spacer with the Hyper Pro's, but you do replace the o ring on the cap with the one furnished by Hyper Pro), then by hand held the cap on top of the spring and was able to press down enough to get it started. Then tightened with the air rachet. Poked the fork tube back up into the frame and re-tightened the bolts. Did same for other fork. Replaced the wheel, then the fender and brakes and done. Took me about 2 hours. Since it was raining and still is, I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Hopefully nothing falls off or comes loose.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 am

Wendell, Thanks for the information. This is something I am interested in either doing or having done....billc.
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you for the details and advice. How much was your total investment?

Please follow-up and let us know of your impressions and how valuable, in your opinion, this modification can be.

I would like a smoother front suspension as every time there is a bump or crack on the pavement, I feel the shock being transferred to the bike's body; Let us know if these springs eliminate those uncomfortable moments.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 pm

The springs are about $150-160 shipped. Labor for mine was only $70 (independent shop).

Rides a lot nicer. High speed curves are more confident. I no longer get a clunk when hitting the curb coming into my driveway.

If you do a search for Hyperpro, you will find lots of information from past postings about individual experiences with the spring replacement. No waiting!
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you Philip. "Clunk" is a good way to describe it; that alone, would make it worth it for me.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 pm

alejom wrote:
Thank you for the details and advice. How much was your total investment?

Please follow-up and let us know of your impressions and how valuable, in your opinion, this modification can be.

I would like a smoother front suspension as every time there is a bump or crack on the pavement, I feel the shock being transferred to the bike's body; Let us know if these springs eliminate those uncomfortable moments.

My total cost was for the springs which were $152 including shipping from EPM Performance Imports, Inc.
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will probably get a ride in tomorrow. I'll report on my impression.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Got in a good ride today with the new Hyper Pro fork springs installed. I have to say it makes a slight difference in the ride, and the bumps seem a little smoother. I guess I was expecting a miracle after reading previous reviews that others have posted after installing them. I'm just not sure it was worth the expense and effort, but then, it sure didn't hurt anything.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:27 pm

thomphoto wrote:
Got in a good ride today with the new Hyper Pro fork springs installed. I have to say it makes a slight difference in the ride, and the bumps seem a little smoother. I guess I was expecting a miracle after reading previous reviews that others have posted after installing them. I'm just not sure it was worth the expense and effort, but then, it sure didn't hurt anything.

Wendell

Thanks for a stright foward review. I will save my money. cheers
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Another post discussed replacing the shock oil with something a little heavier. I think that would probably help, and be a lot cheaper than replacing the springs.

The oil that comes with the HyperPro is SAE 20. I am not sure what oil weight came as stock with the Swing.

If you happen to replace just the oil, please let us know how it performs.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Hyperpro Front Spring Kit    Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Hot dog! Last week I went for my first ride with the Hyperpro Front Spring Kit installed and I also want to say that the ride was amazing. The way it handled in the mountain turns was like it was a different bike. No more front end soft ride or give.

I installed the Parallie Diablos last year and also noticed a big difference right from the get go compared to the original hoops.

I would recommend the up grade, only if you like twisting the throttle in the mountains or turns. Other wise, because you will notice a more firm (harder) ride you may not like the change.

I removed the front forks and let my independent do the spring installation.

That charge, was only $65.00 and the removal and reinstallation took me less than an hr. and was very easy to do, and saving money is a good thing.

cheers
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

john,

When I changed out my springs, or had the shop do it, with the Hyperpro's I couldn't believe the difference. Why Honda just doesn't engineer their springs the same way is beyond me. But after I did this I changed my opinion on what mods to do first.

1) Larger screen (as least for me)
2) Hyperpro springs.

The springs give it a motorcycle feeling and make the ride so much more comfortable and stable. At least to me it does. Thanks for telling us about your new mod and how you like it.

Oh, and you might want to keep a close watch on a fork seal leak. If your forks begin to get really dirty quickly you probably have a seal that went bad. That happened to me after I had my springs installed. I didn't know it was a seal until someone saw my dirty forks and they told me about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit   Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Source for Hyperpro Front Spring Kit
Page 1 of 1