Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. Empty
PostSubject: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 am

Since I hope this is a actual rider's forum, not computer geek.

The new Givi adjustable shield has been out for at least a couple of months now. And since I assume we ride-----does anybody out there have 2-5,000 mile experience with this shield?

My interest is #1 no buffeting at normal highway speed #2 How does it perform in bad weather situations rain/fog etc.

What I am interested in --quiet riding, no buffeting, not much shaking, look over capability at almost all times-----in the middle of Neb I can visualize it way up.

I ride with 3/4 jet helmet, eye protection, foam ear plugs----variety of riding gear from Aerostich on down. Bad weather does not stop me. Use more than one helmet. What I don't want to throw another $250 for another scooter/mc accessory/windshield that doesn't work.

Thanks
John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 am

John,

I have almost 2,000 miles with my new Airflow and like it better than the standard Givi. It is a bit quieter and less buffeting for me than the standard one too. I also like that I can lower it in the hot weather and still not get the buffetting at highway speeds. But that is not lowering it all the way just maybe half way at most.

I haven't had a chance to ride in the rain yet because it doesn't rain out here between the months of May and November, for the most part. So I will have to wait and see when winter comes.

On the interstate I usually have it all the way up but on the 45-55 mph roads I will lower it half way. Mine doens't shake any more than the standard Givi either. I wear a half helmet with ear plugs and it seems to be a bit quieter than the standard Givi too. Overall, I just can't see going back to the Givi I had. It seems to manage the wind much better than the standard screen and I don't feel the "sailing" effect that I would get sometimes when passing semi's. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:45 am

I only have 1000 miles on mine. My opinions don't qualify.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm a computer geek, so I guess I can't be a rider.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:49 pm

DuggleBogey wrote:
I'm a computer geek, so I guess I can't be a rider.

That is so incorrect!! One is just a means for the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.   Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for on road experiences with new Givi Windshield.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: