Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Side stand “shoe”
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 3:32 am

» Hi fellow silverwingers, I'm gordie
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby gordie Yesterday at 4:47 pm

» Givi TB19 backrest and OEM Honda backbox
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Japcati Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Parts List for Up-dating Glove Box Covers
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby pipapakigrafo Yesterday at 3:32 pm

» Tell us a joke
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» SW warm up?
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» breaking 2004 abs scoot in uk
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Siataukreg Yesterday at 11:52 am

» GIVI Backrest TB19
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Japcati Yesterday at 11:01 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Yesterday at 4:20 am

» HayvenMoses
Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do you ride with a group?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you ride with a group? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ride with a group?   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:29 am

For years and years I rode on my own. I like to just wander and turn when a road looks interesting.
About three years ago I looked into a few groups. I found this one in Richmond, IN called SOS~ Seniors On Scooters. We meet every Thursday morning at Carver's restaurant near the intersection of Rt 27 and Interstate 70. If the weather is nice then some of us take off for a ride. We have about 25 who come to breakfast and 8-12 take off for the ride.
I've learned a lot from the guys about safety, maintenance and just riding in a group. They have become great friends and I enjoy their company so much.
Do most of you ride on your own or with a group?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you ride with a group?   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Coralee,

I ride a lot by myself but we have group rides every month that are about 300-400 miles and takes most of the day. Sometimes I just like to ride by myself so I can take any road I want and also just to mellow out from work and things. A few of us in our group plan to do the Saddle Sore ride this summer. That is the 1,000 mile ride that you must document. Sounds like you are having fun too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you ride with a group?   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am

I think with groups it really depends on the make up of the group. My group is older so I find myself really watching them and being careful who I ride next to. I think our group really rides safely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Group riding   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 am

Here in the Atlanta area there seem to be dozens of riding groups from 50cc scooters to 1500cc motorcycles, from 17 to 85yrs old (that I have met). One group I joined last year have safety meetings and practice manouvers in an empty parking lot once a month. I prefer slower speeds on back roads versus the 85mph highway What a Face But mixing it up is fun also; meaning, rolling with a Vespa club one day and a motorcycle club the next...talk about a variety of personalities/experiences affraid ...just got a TomTom and look forward to exploring on the Mountain roads this spring.

Ride Safe alien
Mel
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1996
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you ride with a group?   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 am

We do ride with groups, just not as a regular kind of thing. Unless of course you count 2 as a group, we generally ride together if going for a ride that is not a commute to work.

We take an annual ride with a couple of SilverWing riders from Atlanta.

We ride with the Patriot Guard Riders.

We ride with the North Alabama Scooter Riders.

We ride with groups whenever we attend a rally or organized ride.

Riding with groups is not always easy and if you're not the lead it really requires a mind set that is focused on safety. We've ridden in a group that was more than 400 bikes long and travelled more than 150 miles as a group. I guess I prefer to ride with a group that is less than 10 bikes as it is not as stressful. My real preference is 5 bikes max. I led a flight (section of bikes) that was part of a large group ride and it was really sort of nerve racking - keeping the flight together and safe.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you ride with a group?   Do you ride with a group? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 am

I agree big groups are just hard to handle. When I started leading last year I rode the ride I had planned first just to check for any dangerous areas. I find myself checking all the time where everyone is and making sure we are staying together and safety is number one.
Back to top Go down

Do you ride with a group?
Page 1 of 1