Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 1:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 am

» What were they thinking?
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 am

» Hello everyone
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:41 am

» Low charging
How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:49 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How has the most miles on their SWing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

How has the most miles on their SWing Empty
PostSubject: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi,

I just made a post about passing 20,000 miles and was wondering who has the most mileage on their bike. I know we have some with over 30,000 miles so lets see who has the most.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:48 pm

JeffR wrote:
Hi,

I just made a post about passing 20,000 miles and was wondering who has the most mileage on their bike. I know we have some with over 30,000 miles so lets see who has the most.

Model: 2007 ABS
Purchase: 4/2007
Mileage: 27,800 miles
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:21 am

Bill,

Those are some good miles in a short time. Must be nice to be able ride that much.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: most miles   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:00 am

Wow! You guys have put a lot of miles on in a rather short time. I am jealous!. I bought my bike in July 2008 and since then I have put about 4,000 miles on. Mostly just commuting to work. I suppose I could quit my job and ride more...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:42 am

DCC,

You are thinking like the rest of us now!!! Quit your job to ride. Laughing You just need to ride more on the weekend when your season starts.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:35 am

JeffR wrote:
Those are some good miles in a short time. Must be nice to be able ride that much.

I use the SWing as my primary transportation (work, daughter's school/work/events/non-events/chauffeuring, errands, etc) all year round except for snow, ice or not feeling well. If it involves two people or less (someday I will figure out how to do more Razz ), then I take the SWing.

So the majority of my miles are non-touring, so I just enjoy as if I am touring Cool . I am putting on ~16,000 miles a year (or more) Laughing.

My goal is to see how many miles you can put on a SWing ... we shall see.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: miles...   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Well I was able to ride the scoot to work today. It was a bit brisk on the way in this morning (in the high teens I think), but the high is supposed to hit 50 something this afternoon. Including today, I have ridden the scoot to work 9 times in 2009. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 30,000 miles   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 am

I've got 30,000 miles on my 2003 Silverwing. We used to put a lot more miles on our bikes, especially before we started trailering. That's ok, it'll last longer now. Diane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Can't ride the scoot at all right now. snow everywhere here in the upper peninsula of mich. have 39000 on my reflex and 53000 on my swing. still have both and plan to use both when summer comes. the reflex will be for slower journeys away from traffic-5000 rpm to go 40 mph. the swing will be for trips- 4000 rpm to go 50 mph, around5000 rpm to go 60. i try to drive moderately. i'm66 and hope to keep them as long as i live. a mechanic friend says they should outlast me.
haven't seen any swings in this area. only saw one on the trip to tennessee; didn't see any on the trip to washington state and just possibly might have seen one in the distance on the trip to texas.
it can be a lonely life at times. .... but i have beaten a few harleys from lights without a lot of effort and that is satisfying. amazingly the heat didn't bother me or the scoot on the trip in July to texas, it is a good machine. too bad it isn't more popular with people.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:01 am

Ya hey 'der Tom,

I visit the northwoods of Wisconsin (Boulder Junction) every now and then, and I would love to take a trip on my SW and ride some of the beautiful roads this summer or fall in your neck of the woods. I love it up there. I have skied big snow country and the Porkies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:00 pm

23,000 on my 2004 now and still going strong.
Paul
Back to top Go down
Ghost_rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ghost_rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 am

I have 25.800 miles this bike and i love it. I use
the bike all the time year around. UNLESS
we get snow down here in houston tx. which
we have this year and 3 years ago OH IF
the temps gets below 40 i will not ride.
Too COLD for this boy lol.
ride safe everyone
Ghost rider Greg
Houston tx. usa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How has the most miles on their SWing   How has the most miles on their SWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How has the most miles on their SWing
Page 1 of 1