Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Must be getting old!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Must be getting old! Empty
PostSubject: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:23 am

I can't believe it, I backed my scooter into my car AGAIN!! Must be getting old! Affraid The first time I rolled backwards out of the garage coasting backward down the slanted driveway and turned the bars left. BANG! I'd plain forgotten the car was in the driveway and not in the garage. How I forgot I don't know. Put a big dent in the car's right front fender. $800 worth. Damage to the plastic rear end of the SW? None. Not even a scratch.
Last week, a month after the first episode it was even worse. The car was parked in front of the right side of the garage door. I moved the car to the left side, got on the SW and rolled backwards, cut the bars left... yep. AGAIN this time in the front passenger door. #%##%##z((*!! Excuse me, I lost it again. I have a new rule now, roll the scooter straight backwards to the street. No riding it backwards, just walk it out slowly. Some times it takes an expensive lesson to teach me anything.
The good news about this stupidity? The rear end of a Silverwing is a heck of a lot stronger than you'd think, after two episodes of ramming my car there's still not as much as a scratch on the scooter.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:05 am

Ouch!

Luckily I haven't hit my car, but I did hit my other bike. Top box broke the mirror.
Lesson: Don't do that. Don't tighten mirrors so tight.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:00 am

I've backed into my car - bumper (car) to fender (bike). There was no damage to either vehicle, I felt like a dweeb, but that quickly passed.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:34 am

lol!

why not simply reverse the bike into the garage as i do?

you want a 'senior moment' to make you feel a little better? well here come mine, few weeks back due to go on holiday to Spain on Easyjet, decided to buy some proper luggage scales as budget airlines are all tightening up on your allowances.

3 of us are going, we cunningly plan to have one big bag for the hold and 3 x hand luggage ones.

the day arrives and we are due to fly early next morning so i leave the last of the packing to the wife and son, while i do some final bits of paperwork and online bill paying.

a short while latter a lot of struggling is going on, wife and son combined can't close the cases, so me being 16 1/2 stone well lets say my weight helped.

so now we weigh them to find they are a couple of kilo's over, frantically throwing out bits finally all is well. as we go of to bed for some sleep, we discuss how a good idea it was to buy those cheap scales, they saved us a of of excess baggage charges

alarm, all get up, load car, drive, airport, park, get bus, check in all goes like clockwork.

now i put the big bag on scale which reads 12.75 liko's?????, our allowance is 32 kilo's. transpires as i had to hold the bags up via the scales my son read the weight of - on the Pounds range.

we had only used 1/2 of our allowance and thrown out shirts, coats, underwear, cosmetics etc etc to get under the limit.

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Don't feel too bad "ex". Back in '85, when I wasn't so "senior", I backed out of my garage and into the driver side door of my pride-and-joy 1973 Dodge Charger. Only, not with a 'bike'; I did it with my '83 Ford Bronco. I really hate cliche's but - - "been there -- done that". Must be getting old! Icon_redface Must be getting old! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must be getting old!   Must be getting old! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must be getting old!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: