Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey,

I'm sure we have all seen the news about the pilot that landed the plane in water and all lived to tell about it. Wasn't that something? The pilot is from a city only about 25 miles from where I live. I bet everyone was scared out of their wits, I know I would have been. He sure did a great job landing the plane and they even reported that before he left the plane he walked up and down the isle's 2 times to make sure everyone was off the plane. Some people didn't even get their feet wet.

The harbor police and the other ferry companies did a great job too. They responded in about 3 mins so it seems everything worked out perfectly. What a story. Is any here from that area? And what have you heard about it in the local news?
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? Empty
PostSubject: Nothing Short of a Awesome   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:00 pm

He is one pilot I would fly with. He did an awesome job. He must have known any place other then the river would have meant instant fire ball. What a great job.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:15 pm

As a pilot myself, I was very proud of Sully doing what we all train for in an emergency. I don't fly the big iron, but every pilot (is supposed to) train on a consistent basis what to do in an engine(s) out situation. There is specific memorized check lists to go through for each individual type of aircraft. Generally, the first is to pitch the plane in the correct attitude/speed to get the best glide ratio. Meanwhile find the best place to put the plane down. If time, try to re-start the engines. Once a put down place is determined, do not deviate. He did all this in a very short period of time as he was trained. From what I understand, "Sully" is a pilot who trains other pilots in many phases of which emergency procedures is always taught. The world has labeled him a hero. My guess is that he knows he just did what he was trained to do. He has to feel good about himself that he saved all those lives, but he probably does not think of himself as a hero. This kind of incident will inspire all pilots to take the constant training of what to do in case of an emergency more seriously. Good on ya Sully!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 pm

God Bless Him, and it appears He did.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm

He did a GREAT job of landing that Plane. I saw a video of it on the news, it was just amazing. All I can say is that it just wasn't their time to go yet. Thank the Man above for giving the Pilot the strength & courage to land that Plane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Skiwoods is right. Every pilot is trained to handle emergencies. The man did a good job as that is what he was paid for. He and all the passengers were also very lucky. If he had hit those birds 10 seconds later the outcome could have been another story. GG
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Gene,
You might have seen this clip before. Every time I see it, I wonder if the pilot was ever able to get his pants cleaned and find his right wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-ZPLZPF-I

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 am

DennisB wrote:
Hi Gene,
You might have seen this clip before. Every time I see it, I wonder if the pilot was ever able to get his pants cleaned and find his right wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-ZPLZPF-I

DennisB :D

Dennis, I have seen that video quite a few times. It is a very good hoax. The plane doing the flying is a R/C plane. A real airplane with proper weight and balance would not be able to fly with 1 wing and the prop would not had been big enough to preform the "hammer" position flight before landing. If you watch the video again, notice that when the plane landed it did not have much of a roll out to it. Also, you never see the prop wash that a real aircraft would provide on taxi. These are not just my opinions. Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association has a very active forum of pilots that have more experience than I will ever have. There is a long thread on this video. Others have still framed the R/C plane doing the flying and the real one you see the pilot get out of at the end of the video. They are very close in appearance, but not the same aircraft. It's a well known video in the aviation world that has fooled many. When it first hit You Tube, I must have received a dozen emails from friends of mine that know I'm a pilot wanting to show me this amazing pilot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?   What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the pilot of the plane that landed in the river in New York?
Page 1 of 1