Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 3:47 am

» I said Farewell...
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 10:05 am

» LF extended back rest
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What were they thinking?

Go down 
+2
Loosemarbles
cotetoi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

What were they thinking? Empty
PostSubject: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 pm

Hey folks, I am an old member, literally, from my old Silverwing 600 scooter days. I had 3 of them and finally gave the Forza 300 (2015) a try. bought it last year with 17,000 km and ended the year at 27,000 km. I also ride a 2021 Vulcan 650 S, put in an equal number of km on it too.
I winterize the bikes with the batteries off and in the house. Today, I felt energetic and put the battery in the Vulcan. Piece of cake !
I was feeling lucky and went for the Forza battery. Two hours later, a very sore shoulder, wonky eyes from trying to peer into the bowels of the scooter, and multiple strings of nice words pertaining to the engineer ( his ancestry, fifty generations back, and all the future generations to come) and two battery terminal screws swallowed by the beast.....you all probably know all this....

Which begs the question: What the bleeding hell were they smoking, putting in assorted orifices or whatever ! put that frigging battery where the sun don't shine. I wish I could return the favor: give a couple of D cells up where the sun...
Seriously, has anybody else encountered such frustration?

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 am

Did you get any clues when you removed the battery that it would be a pig to replace?

I hope some Forza owners on here can help for future reference. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 am

A year ago I purchased my 3rd swing after 2 years with a Forza 350. I can't speak for the 300 but the battery is positioned at the front of the underseat bathtub behind a cover secured by 2 screws. It's as easy to access the Forza 350 battery as the swing.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 11:17 am

I've got a 2018 Forza 300 that preceded the 350 version and I've had no trouble accessing the battery at all. It's already mentioned it's as easy to get to as on the Silver Wing. I fitted leads for my Motobatt charger within a couple of weeks of buying the Forza in October 2018 and as I recall it was quick and easy.

I also like that the Forza has no hydraulic seat strut to fail, or badly positioned storage area light to flatten the battery if the seat isn't properly closed.

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 pm

I too have a Forza 2015 and I can attest that Jay does NOT lie!

Accessing the battery is an absolute PAIN. Literally a "punish me" job. The Silver Wing is an easy job but not the 300. Supposedly it is easier if you remove the seat, but I investigated and removing the seat is also a PAIN. I installed maintainer leads and do NOT remove the battery until it needs replacing.
Sounds like this was fixed in the newer Forzas. Thank God!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 am

I, too, had three Silverwings but moved on to a Forza 350; the Silverwings were proving too much for me to cope with safely when not 'on the move'.
I do miss them but the Forza is an excellent substitute.
As for the battery: I let my man at the garage deal with things like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What were they thinking?
Page 1 of 1