Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Street Glo Decals & Stickers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Street Glo Decals & Stickers Empty
PostSubject: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Here is a good place to find Reflective Decals & Stickers.

www.streetglo.net

They have quite a selection. I have purchased from them before & am
very satisfied with their service & quality of product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm

I have the streetglo motorcycle graphs kit on my bike for a few years now.
You can see what they look like at the below link.

http://paulscooter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=11344160&prev=1

paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Looks good Paul.......I'd like to do something like that to mine, but don't think I have a steady enough hand for it. I bought the Speed Stripes for my helmet about a year or so ago.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/13/40/92/39/jse_1014.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Thank you Debby, its easy to do. You spray water on the spot where you want to put the decal and you can slide the decal around to position it.
Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Let me try this again.

Street Glo Decals & Stickers Jse_1017

There I did it!
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:07 pm

You should be aware that your crash helmet is designed to slid, that's why they have a "slick" surface. Any stickers that the manufacturer puts on should have the same co-efficient of friction as the helmet, so as to avoid sudden decellerations in rotational speed when hitting the road surface. These decellarations, which can be caused by use of aftermarket stickers, can result in a twisting moment between the riders head and their body, thus giving the potential for cervico-spinal injury. C/Spine injuries can result in death or extreme paralysis. The other problem is that you may not be aware of any reaction between the adhesive used by the sticker manufacturer and the plastics and/or resins used in the helmet's manufacture. Most helmets come, in the UK, with a warning not to use solvents on the shell and lining, for this reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Black Sapper wrote:
You should be aware that your crash helmet is designed to slid, that's why they have a "slick" surface. Any stickers that the manufacturer puts on should have the same co-efficient of friction as the helmet, so as to avoid sudden decellerations in rotational speed when hitting the road surface. These decellarations, which can be caused by use of aftermarket stickers, can result in a twisting moment between the riders head and their body, thus giving the potential for cervico-spinal injury. C/Spine injuries can result in death or extreme paralysis. The other problem is that you may not be aware of any reaction between the adhesive used by the sticker manufacturer and the plastics and/or resins used in the helmet's manufacture. Most helmets come, in the UK, with a warning not to use solvents on the shell and lining, for this reason.

I appreciate your concern, and what you say may be true. But I have to ask........have you done any research yourself to back this up? I understand what you are saying, but in my opinion if one was to hit the pavement & slide down the road, the friction of the road grinding on one's helmet is going to remove the slickness of the helmet, possibly resulting in the same scenario you describe. Besides I have yet to hear of an accident where it was stated that "Only if they didn't have stickers on their helmet, their neck would not have been broken." I do not mean to sound sarcastic, but I do not think that having reflective decals on my helmet is going to determine whether or not I would receive a C/Spine injury. That is a risk in any accident IMO. It is also my opinion that the Decals I put on "my" helmet feel just as slick as the helmet itself. I added them for the visibility factor in hopes of being seen, thus avoiding accidents. But you never know and I hope I never have to find out. As far as the adhesive they use, I think that if it was going to soften or weaken the shell it would of shown signs of it by now.

Please don't take offense by my response, and I really do appreciate your concern, but I think it is unfounded. Lets just hope that we all stay safe and keep the rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:41 am

I belive that the original research was done by the Royal Society for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) and the British Standards Institute (BSI) when setting the standards for crash helmets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks for the info.......but I guess I'll just have to take my chances.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 am

We also have similar societies of wankers in Australia, as probably every other country in the world. Sometimes I think that they come out with these ridiculous thesis to make it look like they are actually doing something with the huge amounts of public funds they get given to them. Can they come up with a way of stopping can drivers coming thru red lights... of course, but it will need much more funds...
PS the money could be used to fight deseases and research into humanitarian problems. we're drowning in "Nanny States"

OK my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Kurt, you may have similar societies of "wankers", but these societies lay down standards for safety. Would you use a non-certified crash helmet or a non-ceritified armoured jacket and risk som of the horrendous injuries that I and my colleagues are seeing? I would agree with you that more money be spent on driver education, but one of the major problems in this world is that no matter how much money you spend on it you will always get the idiots who think that they know best and a red light means go!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:20 am

The " societies" that give us our incredible safety standards comprise of people who in the most part do not, nor do they care to, worry about those on two wheels.
If you want proof... look at the Road Safety Council approved items shown in the heading pictures on the site below.
http://www.ingalcivil.com.au/

Yes, the rectangular yellow and black slab of steel is "u" shaped with the sharp edges out towards the traffic. They don't even round off the corners. Hit one at 5-10 mph and lose a limb, any faster and it could be fatal. These could probably crack a helmet like a walnut.
Safety and concern for all motorists... hmmm?? Ok you still dont believe, the second picture is of a safety barrier designed to behead motor cyclists and those driving convertibles. The posts are bare "s" shaped flesh removing metal. Once hit by a vehicle, the cables lose their tension, they hang loose and tangle anything that hits them, I can see them sitting around their tables chuckling at that one..
When we , the motorcycle fraternity , approached the national road safety department, we were politely told that they work for cars, so they are good, and as motorcycles are a minority, they dont particularly care.
The Monash University department that looks at road safety issues also decrees to the government what laws and strategies should be adopted getting data by asking motorcylists to fill out a questionaire, with questions that no matter what the tick a box answer was, it only was biased to their way of thinking, and from the questions asked, it was obvious that the designers of the questionaire, had never ridden a motorcyle themselves. The Australian Design Rules re helmets, are very stringent and suffer from the same malady that the English riders suffer under. You can purchase the world's absolute best helmet, approved for racing and competition, with other countries standards, and which exceed the local standards but, if it doesn't have the specific ISO Standard label stuck (with chemical based glues) to the ouside of the helmet, you will be fined.
Now where was I?

Let those that ride decide. We must all make the effort to arrive alive and look out for each other, so we can ride in peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:50 pm

<Let those that ride decide. We must all make the effort to arrive alive and look out for each other, so we can ride in peace.>

Well said. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:32 am

Kurt, I couldn't agree with you more aboiut the highway barriers, we have similar "motorcyclist cheese cutters" in the UK. However, several of our motorclclist campaign groups, such as the British Motorcylist Federarion and the Motorcycle Action Groups have campaigned against thes and the Department of Transport are now banning them.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 am

Our MRA, (Motor Cycle Riders Association)as well as some backing from the RAC has had some dealings with our local WA Road Safety Board, but while a particular person remains in charge there will be no backing off. He has stated, and quite incorrectly, that as there have been no fatalities nationally, there is no need to change. The department wont even concede that people driving convertibles are at risk. This is a true Wanker., but as he holds the top job with one of the top football teams he is infallible...
There seems to be a concerted effort to discourage people from riding bikes/scooters. They seem to make their mark by starting with innocuous little things that can push them to incredible positions of power. The rest follows on to the "PETER" principle.
This seems to be a national disease.
Back to top Go down
silverwingproud
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:30 am

this great two questions answered in the same day just what i was looking for thanks a million
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Glo Decals & Stickers   Street Glo Decals & Stickers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Glo Decals & Stickers
Page 1 of 1