Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Got a Wrecked 09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bat-1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-10-24

Got a Wrecked 09 Empty
PostSubject: Got a Wrecked 09   Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 5:22 pm

Greetings Swingers.

I just recently came into possession of an 09. The previous owner ran into something and did a not insignificant amount of damage to the right front (upper mostly).

Having fixed many motorcycles it looked repairable to me (but without having any idea what the parts cost). But the price of the parts being what it is it's actually not worth fixing. I think you could buy a healthy one for what the parts to fix this one would cost.

Since I like taking things apart, especially if I don't have to put them back together, I've decided to disassemble it.

So I thought I'd join this forum and see if anyone wants any of the parts.

If this violates your rules my apologies and feel free to banish me. I'm a member of several forums for bikes I own and at least one doesn't allow newbies to post until a certain amount of time has passed.

As I remove and identify parts I'm posting them in a Google photos folder. I'll post a link once I'm allowed to.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Got a Wrecked 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Wrecked 09   Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 7:34 am

Bat, it is not against the rules. But please post any parts etc. in the want to buy/want to sell section! Good luck.

BTW I need a buttrest if available.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Got a Wrecked 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Wrecked 09   Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Welcome Bat-1 and thanks for offer of parts. I assume you are breaking the SW rather than repair.

Firstly, I would say that there are many parts available for the SW on the internet. Could it be worth a repair job and selling it as a running bike?

Secondly, I'm assuming there may be lots of owners in the US who could make use of much of it. Personally, I'm looking for a baffle heat protector in mint condition but the shipping would put it out of reach. Besides, this particular item is a rare beast in the SW fraternity.

If you do some 'searching' in the search box above it might help you figure out what people need. The SW does have some 'typical' faults and failures.
Back to top Go down
Bat-1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-10-24

Got a Wrecked 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Wrecked 09   Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Thanks for the comments. Once my 7 day wait is up I will post a link to a Google Photos folder (in the sale/wanted section) that shows pics of the parts as I remove them from the bike.

It's about half way stripped currently. Only two fasteners so far are seized beyond removal (oddly the two Phillips ones above the gas cap door holding on that mid trim piece).

I would of much preferred fixing it and keeping it but besides the plastic damage the headlight is toast, the cluster housing is smashed (instruments still register and turn on though), the upper headlight bracket is bent ... handlebars bent ... one rear shock ain't right ... the parking brake won't engage ... etc

It does have a so-called clean title though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got a Wrecked 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Wrecked 09   Got a Wrecked 09 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a Wrecked 09
Page 1 of 1