Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello You Lunatics

Go down 
+6
Dale N.
Erdoc48
GHM-PM
Loosemarbles
JohnyC
Tbear
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2023-10-18

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 11:48 am

Yes, you know who you are. Basically anyone that contributed to the “Malossi (white) Contra spring” thread.
I only got halfway through that thread and I signed up for this forum.
And, I don’t own a Silverwing yet. That’s the kind of thread that makes me want one.
I have owned over 50 bikes and I worked at a dealer, ie I have sampled a few two wheelers.
My current main ride, and my favorite to ride is a 2002 Honda Reflex with some variator upgrades
AND a left-hand throttle.  
I flipped the handlebar controls so now I accelerate with my left hand. Upside down and backwards-roll forward to go faster. Not sure how to post a picture but you get the idea.
So am I correct to look at a SWing for ultimate wind and weather protection, faster, able to tour one up, easy to “tweak” for performance, automatic two wheeler that I can switch to British(left-hand) throttle. That’s my joke if anyone notices my throttle.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 12:37 pm

Hello fellow lunatic(left hand throttle), and welcome to the Forum for all things Silverwing and a bit more besides, Make friends with the search bar for the wealth of knowledge contained within this hallowed portal.
You don't know it yet but you've already fallen down the rabbit hole! Your only salvation will be to polish a living Silverwing to absorb the antidote to feel alive again. No it will not remove the beaming smile riding a Silverwing gives you.
Yes correct to all of your last line.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen!

99Suzuki Burgman AN400 with a few mods
09 Honda Silverwing FJS600 with a lot more mods.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 3:12 pm

I feel at home already JohnnyC. I think I’ll pull up a chair.Hello You Lunatics Img_0110Hello You Lunatics Img_0110Hello You Lunatics Img_0110
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 6:09 pm

Welcome to the Asylum. That's quite an introduction. From the little I know about the Reflex, a step up to the Silverwing might keep you amused.

I like to think that this forum has most of the angles covered but feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 7:33 am

Welcome Tbear! Enjoy the forum and I think the Silver Wing will make you very happy!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 9:44 am

Loosemarbles wrote:
Welcome to the Asylum. That's quite an introduction. From the little I know about the Reflex, a step up to the Silverwing might keep you amused.

I like to think that this forum has most of the angles covered but feel free to ask.

It will put a smile on your face every time you ride it- I still like riding my STs but something about twist and go (and go pretty quickly) that’s a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Welcome Tbear to the BEST SWing forum in the Universe!! I've never had anyone from a different planet tell me otherwise so I guess it's true.
I have an 08 SWing that I had converted over to a trike about 5 years ago with no regrets. It's a Motor Trike version which only has 3 wheels and not 4. It took some getting use to but now I don't think I'd give it up.
Hello You Lunatics Coborn59
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 8:49 pm

Going to need a scooter. Looks like a pretty wide selection within a few hours. I fired a warning off to the boss today that we NEED one.
That trike looks cool. I am still a two-wheeler dude as of yet.
I am looking at 20 year old scoots for around $2500 and add $1500-2500 for a 10 year old. I will report back with pictures when the deed is done. I am open to any advise.
Back to top Go down
TeraGar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2021-04-01

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2023 6:11 pm

Your original post made me smile....especially the "British Throttle". I have a 2002 Swing, a 2008 Goldwing and a 1967 Triumph TR6 Tiger (throttle on right but gearshift and brake pedals reversed). More than once I've downshifted when I wanted to brake....and vice versa. The only thing that keeps me sane is the Swing with no need for "feet"... ;-). Good luck on your quest!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2023 1:00 pm

I guess it took the Japanese to figure out gears and clutch left; brakes on the right. And then came along CVTs. confused
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2023 4:01 pm

I had a deal made and was set to make a three hour drive one way to pick up a low mile 2010. The guy texted me late last night said his son wants to keep it.
I had further revelation of a truth last night. If I want a riding partner I had better cultivate my wife. She is already riding a Ruckus. I put a lower seat on it and it helped her confidence.
I have decided to wait on the Swing and buy her a Helix. It has a 2” lower seat than the Reflex I was going to “pass back” to her. If she is ever going to ride with me this is it.
Sorry about all the excitement. After I modded the Reflex’ drive it’s fun and I got excited about what you could do with a Silverwing.
Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Bram
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-10-08

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 10:44 am

Hello Tbear...I have a 2006 SW that I'm looking to sell

LMK or email @ bram.maharaj@gmail.com

Bram
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2023 11:37 am

Bram I made $523 this morning day trading and I am feeling cocky.
I am send you an email.
While we’re offering up, anyone have a nice(r) Helix they want to unload?
Maybe I can afford both if this good fortune continues (that’s more than I usually make in a week).
Back to top Go down
Bram
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-10-08

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 3:09 pm

Lol...send me some trading Tips!!
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 6:18 pm

So the forums have merged yet retained the inmates from both forums?
I just want to make sure i am in the right place before I proceed to bore most of you.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 10:21 am

Tbear wrote:
So the forums have merged yet retained the inmates from both forums?
I just want to make sure i am in the right place before I proceed to bore most of you.

Not sure what you mean about merging forums. Did I miss something? Explain please.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 11:17 am

It seemed liked the forum changed, must have been me?
I feel pretty good that a Swing is in my future.
I did pick up this Helix for my wife to see if she can ride beside me. She’s been practicing on a Ruckus. That’s my Reflex-Forza.Hello You Lunatics Img_0610
Hello You Lunatics Img_0710
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 12:06 pm

The forum picture changes regularly ... maybe that?

Your wife is doing it correctly starting small. Build skills, road sense and confidence. Then move up when it's time and desired.

Too many riders start out on machines too big for them and either abandon riding altogether or turn into riders that can only handle straight roads at speed with no curveballs along the way.    

Helix is a good, low, easy to handle, not too fast but fast enough transition scooter to continue developing her know-how and confidence. Don't get rid of your Reflex too soon either as that will probably become her next desired ride before you know it.  

A 250 cc Reflex was my wife's favourite and would still be if it had more grunt to handle the technical mountain twisties we visit annually.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 1:03 pm

As her sole guide (except for the required class for licensing) I thank you for your support of my approach.
When I was down to my last bike, when I thought I was done riding, the Reflex was it.
We will see how she does this spring. I am about to schedule a camp spot for the July 14-19th Beat The Heat scooter rally in Maggie Valley.
I may be looking for a Swing to ride two-up before then. I want one anyway.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 8:37 am

You say camp spot ... tent or RV? Check out Stonebridge RV Resort in Maggie Valley. Just down the road from the AHoliday Motel where BTH event is held.

A Rally to consider, well suited to your wife's experience, is the Scoot The Ozarks Rally held annually in September (9th to 14th this 2024 year) in Eureka Springs AR. It is very well organized compared other get-togethers, offers different levels of riding pace on their Ride Leader led rides (i.e. according to the rider's skill level and desired pace), and, does not nurture the individualistic "one for me ... and me for myself" approach at least one Rally I've personally attended fosters.

If I may. buying a SWing is great if that's what you want. However, if you want your bride to develop as a rider, keep her a "rider" and forget the two up thinking. Time will tell if she takes to riding in the fullest sense or not. Good Luck Tbear ... hope to see you two on the road.

Oh yes, z curiousity question, is the "mitten's middle" around Lansing or north of it?
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 8:51 am

Stonsbridge, I will look at it too before I reserve. TY.
STO sounds nice too.
We are planning to bring our 21’ toy hauler.
Mt Pleasant is the actual “middle”. We live east of there, near Sanford “damn gone”. About 30 minutes on I 10 to Clare “the Gateway to the North”.
C’mon up, I’ve plenty of room for a tent or camper (20acres woods n swamp).
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Sent a Private Message (PM)   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 11:40 am

Tbear wrote:
... snipped ... Mt Pleasant is the actual “middle”. We live east of there, near Sanford “damn gone”.  About 30 minutes on I 10 to Clare “the Gateway to the North”. C’mon up, I’ve plenty of room for a tent or camper (20acres woods n swamp).

TBear, Private Message (PM) sent.  

Look at the top of page banner of your landing page and the "Messages" button should be activated.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Raining Pouring   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 2:53 pm

I was dreading reporting here that I bought a CTX700 Dct. Literally an hour after I told my wife “I’ve made up my mind, we are going with the Silverwing.” In fact, I bought two, one faired and one naked, from the original owners. They made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. The clincher was my wife saying she would like to ride a motorcycle (after she learns her Helix). What’s a loving husband to do right?
So today I opened Facebook Marketplace and there was a Swing just listed 34 minutes before with low miles and low price within a couple hours from me. We are on our way to pick it up tomorrow morning.
2005 under 10k miles.
Finally.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 7:08 am

Two DCT's and a Silver Wing plus a Helix? Wow! Your garage must be bigger than mine sunny

I have a friend that loves the CTX700's, he is on his 2nd one, his only gripe is the chain maintenance!

Enjoy your toys.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 1:08 pm

Proof. Home on a charger.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 1:09 pm

Hello You Lunatics Img_0712
Back to top Go down
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2024-04-05

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 12:46 pm

Tbear wrote:
Hello You Lunatics Img_0712
looks good nice job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello You Lunatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello You Lunatics   Hello You Lunatics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello You Lunatics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-