Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello everyone

Go down 
+2
Dale N.
Ty1967
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty1967
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2023-08-11

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 7:18 am

Hi everyone I own a 2007 silverwing I'm taking my full motorcycle test on 19th October 2023 and I can't wait to get on my silverwing and ride. I am a bit nervous about my test but I'm doing a 6 day course and I'm sure I will get through it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 8:40 am

Welcome Ty1967 to the BEST SWing forum in the Universe!! I haven't had anyone from another planet tell me I'm wrong so I guess it's true!!
Lots of information here. You can either ask a question or get friendly with the Search box at the upper left.
Good Luck with the 6 day course!! You'll find that the Silverwing is a very durable and reliable fun bike. I have an 08 SWing that I had converted over to a trike about 6 years ago with no regrets.
Hello everyone  Coborn57
Back to top Go down
Ty1967
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 9:32 am

Hi, thank you for your warm welcome, I love your trike it looks awesome I'd like to trike mine too.if I'm flush in the future I will trike my bike for sure. I love my Silverwing and I can't wait to be able to ride her, in my view there is nothing better than a Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2023 9:40 am

Hello and welcome!
I guessed you've taken and passed the Theory and Hazard Perception Tests.
Riding is easier!
Back to top Go down
Ty1967
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 6:21 am

Yes, it's just the last step now the practical bit lol. I'm looking forward to doing it, I have been riding since I was 17, I was a soldier in Germany and did a sort of test with the armed forces but it was all done in an afternoon and involved no lessons I learnt as I rode, I asked the Sgt who issued me my permit how do I learn to ride he looked at me and laughed as he told me you'll soon master it or you'll be dead. I'm still here so I guess I kind of mastered it but this course will be the first real lessons I've ever had. I'm 56 now and I guess I'm going to find out a few things I didn't know and become a far better rider I hope. I have been riding a 125 for what feels like forever and now is my time to step up to the plate and prove I'm ready for a big bike, so fingers crossed that if all goes well I'll be on my Silverwing at the end of the month, I'll post pics of course. (Or I'll be crying into my coffee booking another test ASAP)
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Ty1967. I'm sure your Army experience will help on your course. When my Girlfriend fell off her bike during her CBT test the instructor simply said, "what in the hell are you doing down there"?! Sounds like military jargon to me.

She passed, so if your doing the 'full monty' in six days you'll nail it. It might be wise to do some Forum searches on topics you might be thinking about. Despite its' appearance it is a rather heavy machine. Small wheels and centre of gravity can be tricky.

It is somehow addictive though. Let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2023 6:43 pm

Hi Ty1967 from Bristol, welcome to the Forum.

You'll be fine, my youngest nailed his Mot2 Friday(6th). Did a 2 day course, same when he did his Mot1.
That was at Weston both times.
He did his learning on a Honda 125(with gears).
You didn't say if the 125 was a twist and go or geared?
If it's geared, just remember your clutch lever becomes your linked back + front brake on a Swing ^ ^
You will find the Swing a lot more of a hand full as Chris(Loosemarbles) says, @ 250Kgs it can feel a bit droppy on a slow corner pulling up to a stop at a junction, particularly when the centrifugal drive clutch disengages.
Apart from that that, just go out there and enjoy the smile, riding a Swing will give you.

Be safe be seen!

99 Suzuki Burgman AN400 with a few mods.
09 Honda FJS 600 Silverwing with a lot more mods

Last edited by JohnyC on Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 10:23 am

Welcome aboard the board ty1967.  Sounds like you've done/will do all the right things to prep for your road test. I guarantee you will learn lots in the 6 day course you're about to take. Heightened defensive vigilance is the name of the game when riding vs. driving a cage.  

I admire the way your system works with it's graduating licensing approach AND restricting the size of the moto you're allowed to ride. I wish we did that here in Canada with our graduated licensing approach which only has minor restrictions (no alcohol, dark hours, multi-lane riding) built in for the first 90 days.

Good Luck on the 19th and let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
Ty1967
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 3:18 pm

I passed my full license on 7th December so I have been riding my Swing for over a month now and I just love her. She's a dream to ride. I can't wait to do a bit of touring with her. I love my daily ride to and from work now, I do 60 miles a day on her and its such a nice ride. Now it's time to buy all the extras for her lol 😆
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 3:44 pm

Good news and thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: