Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I'm going to have to fix this...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2023-06-22

I'm going to have to fix this... Empty
PostSubject: I'm going to have to fix this...   I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 7:27 am

Minor damage on my new to me 2004 Silverwing. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Attachments
I'm going to have to fix this... AttachmentIMG_6699.jpeg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(20 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to have to fix this...   I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 10:29 am

If I’m seeing that properly, it looks like broken plastic of the part that covers the lower windshield (and this comes off to expose the screws of the windshield. I believe the part is:

42 GARNISH, SCREEN *R150CU* (CANDY RASPBERRY RED-U)
67109-MCT-770ZS

Unfortunately, Partzilla doesn’t seem to have it available, but you can check Babbittsonline.com, Ronayres.com, and chapmoto.com. Or, maybe search for it on eBay. You can I guess if the plastic fastener for the spring nut is still present is to epoxy the plastic then refit the spring nut and you would be all set. You don’t just want to place epoxy in the gap as then if you need to dismantle it in the future, you’re going to be breaking plastics.
Back to top Go down
RedCinema
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RedCinema

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2023-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to have to fix this...   I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 10:33 am

I think I'll try--or will see if my super-skilled tool using buddy will try--to fix the fastener. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to have to fix this...   I'm going to have to fix this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 10:39 am

There is one other option- that part is available for a 2003 in Candy Glory Red, but then you’d have to paint it (so $77 pre shipping from Ron Ayres and then getting it painted) so a repair will be much cheaper if you can get it done
Back to top Go down

I'm going to have to fix this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: