Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

ducati muffler on silverwing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jerry-d
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2022-04-19

ducati muffler on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 12:20 pm

this discovery might interest someone. I experimentally installed a ducati muffler on my silverwing. the mufflers were in the free section at a local cycle shop. only used one from a double setup. muffler is small and light at under six pounds. I thought it would be too loud for my tastes. but I was pleasantly surprised it sounds quite good. just the right amount of growl with throttle. near silent when cruising 40mph and above. best of all its the first muffler swap I have done that didnt kill some low end torque. the engine loves this muffler. cheap and easy to find on ebay.
ducati muffler on silverwing IMG-20220514-180856
ducati muffler on silverwing IMG20220828162019
ducati muffler on silverwing IMG20220911093052
Back to top Go down
Faston Bulbous
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 8:23 pm

Looks sad plumbed straight back like that. The least you could do is to angle it up like a traditional aftermarket muffler.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 3:47 am

I was just thinking the same, both cans at high level would look good.
But I expect it would be a nightmare plumbing them in around the swing arm, relocating the airbox, trying to make it run right after all that.
On reflection you've most likely made great fight choice.
Back to top Go down
Kneedtospeed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2022-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Does your Mother know about this? 😅
Back to top Go down
jerry-d
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2022-04-19

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 6:07 pm

Faston Bulbous wrote:
Looks sad plumbed straight back like that. The least you could do is to angle it up like a traditional aftermarket muffler.

seems a strange comment given the stock exhaust mounts at the same angle. I like the way it looks. I will say it gets louder on right turns as the tip is closer to the highly reflective ground. the muffler mount was a temporary thing. the inlet is straight. if one wanted to use one of those s pipes you could. higher angles on the exhaust are FAR easier on the ears. but the s pipe would be moving pipe about 8 inches farther rear. not something I will be interested in.

this is not an expensive aftermarket muffler. its a 40 dollar muffler on ebay. and it sounds and performs amazing.

not for everyone. but sure puts a big smile on my face every time I ride it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Here is an very interesting discussion from a few years back wherein the legendary ScooterBJ adapted a Hayabusa muffler to his Silverwing. Unfortunately the links to photos are dead. Well worth the read.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t7569-home-brew-bjabusa-custom-exhaust
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ducati muffler on silverwing   ducati muffler on silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ducati muffler on silverwing
Page 1 of 1