Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

looking for suggestions for new tires

Go down 
+4
dovahkiin
steve_h80
Loosemarbles
swinger95062
8 posters
AuthorMessage
swinger95062
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-05-12

tires - looking for suggestions for new tires Empty
PostSubject: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 3:20 pm

New to this forum and can't find any recent threads on tires. I'm new to scooters and can't say enough great things about the swing. Fun! I ride mostly with my gf in the mtns. of Santa Cruz, Ca. Slow winding fun roads. We are near the weight limit, me 220#, she about half that. Looking for good handling with decent read wear. Let me have it!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm

There may not be any recent threads but if you type 'tyres' into the search box you'll have plenty of options and comments to choose from study

Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 2:17 am

Check your weight measurements, it's frightening how much your riding gear and any luggage can add to the total. We were well over the limit for a last few days away. The bike pullsedthe weight fine, but the stock rear suspension can struggle on the bumpy bits.
I'm trying Michelin City Grips tyres to try and get a few more miles, so far they handle fine and they are wearing well, if I can get 4k miles out of them I'll be happy.
Folks I know who ride on the flat and at lower speeds regularly get 8k from the rear, but lugging weight, and accelerating up hills eats tyres as well as gas.
Back to top Go down
dovahkiin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2022-05-09

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 5:13 am

I swapped out a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso ll tires from the previous owner for a fresh set of Michelin City Grip ll. Have done about 5k on them and there's a lot of tread left.

From where I'm from, the weather can be quite bipolar; the sun can be shining and almost instantly be met with thunderstorms the next.

Between the two, the City Grips do feel much grippier and 'safer' to a degree during these weather conditions; in fact, I've noticed that I tend to lean more on my bends and corners. Of course, I do go easy on the angles when it's wet.

If anything, the City Grips are confidence-boosting.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 8:23 am

My Silver Wing has never had any tires but OEM IRC units. My choice; I can get them very reasonable from Honda and they wear like iron... Not the best handling but they work.  My Forza got new Pirelli Diablo Rosso ll's last year and they are spendy but handle very well! How they last I will have to see, they have 2K on them now.  Good luck.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 10:25 am

Try Heidenau---easy to mount, handle well, a little more expensive---I use Ride On as balance medium.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 1:20 pm

I have Michelin City Grips on the back of my Swing and they are are wearing well @ about half way with about 6,000mis. I only weigh 145lbs and carry very little weight if any. They seem to go well with front Shinkos
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 10:20 pm

tires - looking for suggestions for new tires Road_t11

Metzler roadtec. Good grip and great steering feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for suggestions for new tires   tires - looking for suggestions for new tires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for suggestions for new tires
Page 1 of 1