Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Global Posting I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Global Posting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Global Posting Empty
PostSubject: Global Posting   Global Posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 12:45 pm

I am prompted to write this having read recent threads.

I am a member of four independent Scooter Forums as well as several on Facebook.

I deliberately monitor three of the four having been a member of them for many years. Through them I have made many genuine friends and acquaintances and with whom I share scootering experiences and my little bank of knowledge if I think it will help.

I cannot say I never have but I tend not to ask the same questions on all forums; by and large, if I want to know something scooter-specific, I ask on the most appropriate forum.

I ask for tips from time to time; I did that recently over the matter of stuff to put in tyres to prevent punctures. I read the thread and chose which seemed the best for me from the experience of others Then I asked.

Conversely, I do post reports on several forums but that's different.
I try to remember to put a note on the bottom saying I've posted elsewhere so that friends on other forums are forewarned and can avoid reading it more than once.

My point is: I do not think it reasonable to expect members of every forum to approach answering questions in the same manner. I'm just grateful for helpful and positive replies and (usually) ignore the rest. Wink

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Global Posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Posting   Global Posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 1:42 pm

I'm not sure I see your point Mike. I can say that before I approach the forum members for help and advice, I do a search and read any relevant matter. If it's not covered then I ask the question. I've only learned this over a period of time when I realised that a lot of questions I was a asking had already been answered.

Personally, I wish we could all meet up and do all our discussing in person over a few beers, wow...what a hoot that would be!

I stick with this forum because the members are very tolerant and helpful, apart from being generally good people. Being a 'SW specific' forum helps. I was a little disappointed by the response to my thread about the front axle pinch bolts sitting differently in their housings but hey, it's not important to some people, and that's fair. To me it's just a curiosity which I thought might create a debate.

Communicating by typing is not my strong point but it's been worth it as I've learned to get to know my SW and do some DIYing which I might never had attempted. That's not to say that I could learn from other forums but so far this one suits me well.

I hope I haven't missed your point by too much of a margin.  thumbs up
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2022-04-17

Global Posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Posting   Global Posting I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 4:35 pm

LOL. It’s often “the case” with human nature, that if one fails to get the answers or input they were hoping for or expecting from one source, they subsequently ask elsewhere or turn to other sources. One must subsequently adjust their expectations regarding responses to account for the cultures and personalities from which they arise.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Global Posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Posting   Global Posting I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 4:18 am

'I'm not sure I see your point Mike.'

I detected in a post what I saw as unfair criticism of posts received in answer to a question.
They were compared with the tone of replies received on another forum.

I have generally received helpful and positive replies to posts I've made here; they may not always have been couched in 'friendly' tones but that's life and is not a reflection of the nature of Silverwing600.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Global Posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Posting   Global Posting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Posting
Page 1 of 1