Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mirror extensions

Go down 
+9
MikeO
BlueSwing06
buddy19520
honda_silver
Cosmic_Jumper
jimjotel
JeffR
DennisB
06 roadglide
13 posters
AuthorMessage
06 roadglide
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-15

mirror extenders - Mirror extensions Empty
PostSubject: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Just wondering where I can get some extensions to move my mirrors out. I like the ones Dennis B. has any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Hey roadglide,

Ebay, Mirror Risors, 10mm screw and they work GREAT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Honda-Silverwing_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca6a2ad2dQQitemZ260493716781QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

mirror extenders - Mirror extensions Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Dennis,

Do you have these on your bike or something like it? I would like to get something and was just wondering if you have used something like this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Jeff,

I've had these mirror risors on my scooter for over a year now. They work GREAT.

You can see the right one in this picture.

mirror extenders - Mirror extensions Temp2110
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Dennis,

Thanks for the reply and I'm going to order them today. If you like them they must be good. mirror extenders - Mirror extensions 126978
Back to top Go down
jimjotel
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Hey Dennis, it says 57 degrees, must be a warm front moving thru your area, lol
Back to top Go down
http://jimtelford@bellsouth.net
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:56 pm

mirror extenders - Mirror extensions 126978
THANK GOD!!
Back to top Go down
06 roadglide
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks Dennis for all the help I just ordered a set.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I got my extenders from CJ Engineering. They are designed for Kawasaki's but are a perfect fit for the Silverwing.

http://www.cjen.com/pages/kaw/zrx/mirext/mirext.html

The quoted price includes shipping.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I got my extenders from CJ Engineering. They are designed for Kawasaki's but are a perfect fit for the Silverwing.

http://www.cjen.com/pages/kaw/zrx/mirext/mirext.html

The quoted price includes shipping.

I notice that these are nickle plated screws ... the one that DennisB pointed out was Stainless Steel screws. I have the same extenders, but my screw heads are rusting ... so I will need Stainless Steel screw replacements.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I just got a pair of the extenders that Dennis linked to on eBay. They are $24.99 shipped and I got them very quick. I think it was 3 days from coast to coast.

The extenders work perfectly. Anodized black, but a silver bolt. They move the mirrors out a little more than an inch, and up just a little. They look like they came with the bike. It is much easier to see past my own arms now.

Last weekend I dropped my bike in my mothers driveway (its a steep driveway). Put a little scuff on the left side of the dash and the left mirror, but nothing broke (including the mirror extender).

As an added plus, your mirrors will be out far enough that they won't hit a GIVI screen anymore.
Back to top Go down
BlueSwing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BlueSwing06

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:09 am

If you can find them you can purchase the taller chrome relfex mirrors. Or any mirror replacement for the Reflex. Also most standard 10mm mirrors seem to work also. The Reflex chrome mirrors are a quick easy mod.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 am

I like The ones Dennis has got but getting stuff from the States is both difficult and expensive (the Belgian Customs tax everything from there!) so I had the Honda ones fitted from new.
They're not so posh-looking but do do the job.

Last edited by MikeO on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 am

I seem to remember Dan (dspevack) posted a message over on www.silverwing.org that made reference to Harley Davidson replacement mirrors working on the SilverWing. This creates a plethora of options since there are so many after market mirrors available for the HDs.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

I think it was kuryakyn that has an adapter that changes the 10mm threads into what Harleys use. After that, anything that works on a Harley will work on your bike.
You'll have to look for the details on Silverwing.org.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I also got the Ebay mirror extenders Dennis posted. Ordered last Saturday and they arrived by Monday. After one week using them I really like them. Now I can see who is behind me on both mirrors, and by being able to set the mirrors a bit more outwards it even expanded the field of vision to the sides eliminating some of the blind spots especially between 6 and 8 on the dial. An added benefit like buddy19520 says is that now the mirrors won't hit the Givi Clearview windshield. At $24 and change they are worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Woo Hoo!! Liking this site already!! mirror extenders - Mirror extensions Icon_cheers
Ordered a pair 4 da wife-unit. Bring it on!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 am

I just received mine today after ordering them on ebay on Sunday. They were shipped from the town I live in and it cost me about $8.00 to ship. If they would have given me their address I could have rode over.

Anyway, I'm going to install them tomorrow and ride to work on Thursday. I will give a short review of them when I get to ride. It is raining today and tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi,

I installed my extentions yesterday and went for a ride, and they are great. I can see past my extra stud-ly ( mirror extenders - Mirror extensions Icon_razz ) shoulders. They really do help and I wonder why I didn't do this before. I was going to take pictures on how I did it but it was so so easy that it would have taken longer to look at the pictures then it would take to just go out and do the work. Great product.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

since most people got one i bought mine today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 am

Dennis,

I've got those same extensions on my swing for about 6 mos. now. They do a great job of looking around your shoulders. I am interested in where you found that cool looking OAT guage you have mounted on top of the front brake reservoir. Nice looking install ! Thanx.

tg
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 am

tg,

Full discussion can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/328stxq

EDIT TO ADD: And as you can see from DennisB's post below there was an additional thread - DOH!

Last edited by jdeereanton on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DOH!)
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:49 am

Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:01 pm

JeffR wrote:
I just received mine today after ordering them on ebay on Sunday. They were shipped from the town I live in and it cost me about $8.00 to ship. If they would have given me their address I could have rode over.

Anyway, I'm going to install them tomorrow and ride to work on Thursday. I will give a short review of them when I get to ride. It is raining today and tomorrow.
Ordered mine on Sun. too but still havnt received mine yet
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:32 pm

tankyuoung,

I live in the same city where they were mailed from. I had to pay $8 instead of being able to just ride over to get them. So that is probably why I got mine so quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirror extensions   mirror extenders - Mirror extensions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror extensions
Page 1 of 1