Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Buying a high mileage Silver Wing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RaeT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-07-13

Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  Empty
PostSubject: Buying a high mileage Silver Wing    Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 am

Hi from sunny Spain.
I moved from Ireland to Spain last December for health reasons.
I am new to the Silverwing and really know nothing about them.
I am thinking about buying a 2002 Silver Wing with 77000km, about 50000 miles on the clock. The guy is asking for 1300 euros. Which is about 1300 dollars. Which seems pretty cheap to me.
What sort of things should I be looking for, that might need to be replaced?
I've read here that the belt needs changing every 16000 miles, how can I check the condition of the belt, what should I be looking for?
Is there anything that would put you off buy a bike with this kind of mileage?
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a high mileage Silver Wing    Buying a high mileage Silver Wing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 1:03 pm

Welcome aboard the board RaeT.  You don't say if you're totally new to two wheeling or just unfamiliar with Silver Wings.

With those higher miles, I'd be inclined to run it into a reputable and knowledgeable shop and pay them to conduct a pre-purchase inspection on this unit.

The Silver Wings are pretty bullet proof but with that mileage, I'm thinking there's going to be something that needs attention beyond the usual tires, drive belt and fluids.

Also, does the Seller have a maintenance log with back up documentation for you to review?  That would be a huge help.
Back to top Go down

Buying a high mileage Silver Wing
Page 1 of 1