Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi

Go down 
+4
GHM-PM
Mech 1 twa
gustav
Dutch SilverWing
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  Empty
PostSubject: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 8:07 am

On June 3rd at 06:30 am I left the Netherlands for a holiday trip with my beautiful SiWi to Lake Garda in Italy. My youngest daughter had her internship there, in May and June.

My SiWi is a beautiful 2008 Heavy Gray Metallic FJS400D Silver Wing. 400 CC & 39 HP

I made a route for the outward journey, 1457 km from the Netherlands, through Germany, Austria and Italy.
I had planned 4 days for the outward journey, wanted to stay there for a few days and then drive back to the Netherlands.

Before departure, SiWi received a full and very extensive service, a front fork upgrade with Hyperpro springs was not forgotten, new Michelin City Grip 2, tires, new air and oil filters, new spark plugs, fresh oils and finally I also purchased a Givi AF214 Airflow screen.

Day 1 - June 3;
Departure; Hoorn, Netherlands – the 1st night in; Schauenburg, Germany;
Distance about 450 km, partly on the highways and partly on the back roads.

Day 2 - June 4;
Departure; Schauenburg, Germany – the 2nd night in; Oberickelsheim, Germany;
Distance about 270 km through beautiful German countryside and many back roads.

Day 3 - 5 June;
Departure; Oberickelheim, Bavaria Germany – through Austria and over the Alps – the 3rd night in; San Valentin alla Muta, South Tyrol Italy;
Distance about 400 km. Over mountain passes up to 1500 meters altitude and through the many beautiful valleys of the Alps in Austria and Italy.

Day 4 - June the 6th;
Departure; San Valentin alla Muta, South Tyrol Italy – Final Goal; San Felice del Benaco, Lake Garda Italy;
Distance about 350 km, part of which is driven on one of the famous Italian Autostradas.

Days 5, 6 & 7 - June 7, 8 and 9;
Those days were just a wonderful stay in San Felice del Benaco, Lake Garda, Italy.

Day 8 - Friday, June 10, 6:00 AM;
Departure;
San Felice del Benaco, Lake Garda Italy – Brenner Pass, FernPas Austria – Germany – Hoorn, Netherlands. Arrival; Saturday morning 11 June; 4:02 a.m.
Distance covered in 22 hours; 1,287 miles.

Over 8 days I drove an average of 1 ltr: 23 km and drove on the highways at an average speed of 110 km/h. When everything suddenly comes into a very good flow and you have the feeling that you are riding on rails, you're super fit, have the best weather in the world and SiWi flies through the kilometers without any problems or commentary.
Yes, then driving for 22 hours and 1,287 km, is actually just a great pleasure, especially when riding a Honda Silverwing.

I've had a fantastic experience

I would like to talk to everyone if they still have doubts about the excellent quality of our beautiful Silver Wings or with people who still doubt whether you should go on such a big trip with a 400CC/39PK maxi scooter.

Honda Silver Wing; FJS / FSC / JDM, 600 or 400 cc, they are just strong tour-maxi scooters with a beautiful design. And if you give them the tlc they need, you'll get a friend for life.

I wish everyone a nice Sunday.A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  5-6-2210
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  Img_2032
A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  Img-2011 thumbs up
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 5:07 pm

Way to go Erik!
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Sounds like a wonderful ride. Scooters can tour all day long many don't use them for that but are capable machines.
I've done a few 3–4-day rides and never had a problem covered some miles for sure. Ride ON. Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 7:50 am

Glad you had such a great trip! Honda didn't call them "touring" scooters for nothing! I have taken several week long trips on mine and never regretted it. Thanks for the report.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 10:05 am

I'm surprised that anyone thinks a Silver Wing or any other maxi scooter isn't capable of touring comfortably with or without a passenger. 

Over the years I've came to the conclusion that touring and long trips are more about the mindset of the individual rider getting out there and doing it. Rather rather staying at home thinking that they need to buy an overweight chromed up two wheeled land barge first.

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 11:08 am

^^^ +1 ^^^
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 10:37 pm

That sounded like a fantastic trip! I'm glad everything went well with no problems. YES! The SWing is a capable and very fun machine!!!
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:47 am

gustav wrote:
Way to go Erik!

Thnx 🙏🏻
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful ride. Scooters can tour all day long many don't use them for that but are capable machines.
I've done a few 3–4-day rides and never had a problem covered some miles for sure. Ride ON. Smile

They are bullet proof 😏
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:50 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Glad you had such a great trip! Honda didn't call them "touring" scooters for nothing! I have taken several week long trips on mine and never regretted it. Thanks for the report.

The best bike ever 😏
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:53 am

Meldrew wrote:
I'm surprised that anyone thinks a Silver Wing or any other maxi scooter isn't capable of touring comfortably with or without a passenger. 

Over the years I've came to the conclusion that touring and long trips are more about the mindset of the individual rider getting out there and doing it. Rather rather staying at home thinking that they need to buy an overweight chromed up two wheeled land barge first.

🙏🏻
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:54 am

sonuvabug wrote:
^^^ +1 ^^^

🙏🏻
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 6:54 am

Dale N. wrote:
That sounded like a fantastic trip! I'm glad everything went well with no problems. YES! The SWing is a capable and very fun machine!!!

I think they are the best 😏
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 10:10 am

Nice to see somebody actually riding these things these days.
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 12:35 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Nice to see somebody actually riding these things these days.

In the Netherlands, the SilverWing is also a rarity on the road. I enjoy her every day, both for commuting and short trips. In the 3 ½ years that I've been driving around now with SiWi, I've only came across one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi    A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Big Applause and a deep bow for my SiWi
Page 1 of 1