Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.
 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dash Panel Seperation
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Today at 10:33 am

» That doesn't look right - clutch wear
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Today at 9:19 am

» Attempted my first ever day trip on a FJS4002
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» PA. Bucket List.
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 pm

» Turn signal fuse keeps blowing
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:32 am

» Final oil Drive
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:25 am

» New guy - help with part number
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:22 pm

» New member from Seattle area
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:56 pm

» At 83 maybe taking a year off from riding
New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeby MUCHoldERwingguy Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
 

 New guy - help with part number

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kags1969
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 4
Location : Austin Texas
Points : 40
Registration date : 2022-07-08

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2022 9:16 pm

I just purchased a 2005 Silverwing with various cracked/scruffed up parts and I am pleased to find that there are still some new oem parts out there. I am building a parts order to take care of the big offenders ( Front Fender, rear covers, and the lower left cover is pretty rough, but I cant seem to find the right parts diagram to get that part number, any help would be appreciated.

The Swing has 2600 miles and runs well, but is rattily and a little ratty because of a scraped up and cracked parts. Pleased with the purchase.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 374
Age : 63
Location : Ocala, FL
Points : 982
Registration date : 2020-12-26

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2022 12:04 am

I got a 2012 Black abs and had to mix and match different years black colors to get all the parts I needed, I actually got a side cover and lower skirt from an earlier model, very hard to notice in daylight. Not sure about your color but you may have to compromise or look at other years with similar colors, these bikes are old now.

I replaced most bigger parts, cheaper and better than repair/repaint old ones, all body parts are the same fit regardless of year (albeit different colors), exception being ABS and non-ABS front fender are different, so pick the right one, usually FSC600A AC is ABS, where FSC600D AC is non-ABS, you can see in diagram the different shape of fender, BTW some models came with different color skirts and fenders, you can customize.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/c/honda_scooter_2005/parts

I got all my parts from Ron Ayers and always enough $$$ ($129+) to get free shipping, after you get your list put together, contact them (email, agates@ronayers.com ) ,provide the p/n's  to check availability and possible backorders, etc. then figure your next move, there were some long backorders, but communication and customer service was excellent. Also best prices I've found and  BTW you will find Honda Parts very reasonable and come with logos, etc(like the side covers).
Back to top Go down
Kags1969
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 4
Location : Austin Texas
Points : 40
Registration date : 2022-07-08

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2022 11:24 pm

Thank you for the input and response. I did an initial order from Partzilla. I am going to replace those and see what I look like.
Back to top Go down
Kags1969
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 4
Location : Austin Texas
Points : 40
Registration date : 2022-07-08

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 10:37 pm

zrx212 wrote:
I got a 2012 Black abs and had to mix and match different years black colors to get all the parts I needed, I actually got a side cover and lower skirt from an earlier model, very hard to notice in daylight. Not sure about your color but you may have to compromise or look at other years with similar colors, these bikes are old now.

I replaced most bigger parts, cheaper and better than repair/repaint old ones, all body parts are the same fit regardless of year (albeit different colors), exception being ABS and non-ABS front fender are different, so pick the right one, usually FSC600A AC is ABS, where FSC600D AC is non-ABS, you can see in diagram the different shape of fender, BTW some models came with different color skirts and fenders, you can customize.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/c/honda_scooter_2005/parts

I got all my parts from Ron Ayers and always enough $$$ ($129+) to get free shipping, after you get your list put together, contact them (email, agates@ronayers.com ) ,provide the p/n's  to check availability and possible backorders, etc. then figure your next move, there were some long backorders, but communication and customer service was excellent. Also best prices I've found and  BTW you will find Honda Parts very reasonable and come with logos, etc(like the side covers).

I have spent the last few week collecting body panels from various vendors and parts of the world. I took a few parts off this weekend and started transferring clips, lights etc. The scooter had been laid down and so lots of broken clips. I got a new floorboard from Japan and realized that it would look wonky to have the lower floorboard brand new and the upper all faded. So I ordered one of those. I will have most of the panels replaced before this is over. I might have done a color change, but I would really want a royal blue which I dont think was every available.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM


Number of posts : 2269
Age : 69
Location : Bullhead City, AZ
Points : 6247
Registration date : 2012-05-17

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 7:55 am

Kags1969 wrote:
I might have done a color change, but I would really want a royal blue which I dont think was every available.

2006 was the only year that a blue SWing was available in the US. Very pretty but of course rare. But I don't believe it was royal blue. Mine is a 2012 so it is "any color you want as long as it is BLACK" LOL
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BrianInVA


Number of posts : 166
Location : VA
Points : 309
Registration date : 2022-04-17

New guy - help with part number  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy - help with part number    New guy - help with part number  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 11:22 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Kags1969 wrote:
I might have done a color change, but I would really want a royal blue which I dont think was every available.

2006 was the only year that a blue SWing was available in the US. Very pretty but of course rare.

I passed up a red (?) 2011 with lower miles because I preferred the dark blue color of the 2006:New guy - help with part number  B26fbe10
Back to top Go down
 
New guy - help with part number
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Unknown part number
» Hyper springs part number
» Speedbleeder part number SB8125L
» 2009 Swing Oil Filter part Number?
» Part number for rear brake lever switch

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: