Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
62Hilger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-14

62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems Empty
PostSubject: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 12:25 am

I just purchased a 2004 Silverwing that I am trying to get running.  The engine will turn over but will not fire.  The silverwing has been sitting for some time.  I put in new fuel and a new battery.  Turns over but not firing.  I knew this buying the bike.  I am trying to remove the seat pan below the seat where the storage area is.  The tupperware is giving me a challenge.  Trying to find some good videos on this matter and of course to test the fuel system.  If anyone knows what replacement fuel pump to get or any suggestions on fix please advise.

Thanks,
David
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 8:43 am

Hello David. Welcome to the forum. A bit of a misstep on your part, you originally included your post in another discussion. It quickly became a missing sock. I stumbled across your post and moved it here in Introductions.

Now regarding your problem. You’ll find the Search window is a great tool to find other discussions on similar issues. If you are unable to find help there please do a new post in an appropriate forum. See Home on the blue toolbar at the top of the page. There are lots of friendly folks here who are happy to help.

Here’s one helpful discussion:https://www.silverwing600.com/t11959-fuel-pump-issue?highlight=Fuel+pressure
Back to top Go down
62Hilger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 9:51 am

Thank you for helping me.  I was trying to find the introduction area last night without success.  I wish someone actually video recorded the process of disassembling the scooter to get to the fuel tank and fuel pump.  Well sounds like pulling out the seat pan below the seat is going g the wrong direction.

Any recommendations on who you would recommend to use to get parts from?

I will be using this site a bunch.  We bought this 2004 Honda Silverwing scooter for my fiancé to ride.  The bike only has 115 miles on it.  A lady bought it and rode it from the dealer then parked it after a relationship failed with her boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 10:46 am

Oh gawd! It’s been sitting since 2004? I suspect that the fuel tank, pump, filter, and sending unit are completely gunked up from all that deteriorated fuel.

Best bet is to get a Factory Service Manual (FSM). Then use it to guide you to remove the seat undercover and do a fuel volume test. There are quite a few “basic” steps involved if the fuel tank needs to come out which the FSM can walk you thru. But, suffice it to say, the tank comes out from the underside. IIRC there was one post in in that above link, maybe from Scooter, which gave a very time saving tip.

There may be old posts or topics here regarding fuel pressure / fuel volume tests and fuel pump / fuel tank removal. Use Search.
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2022-04-17

PostSubject: Re: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 11:31 am

Service manual pdf:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/167150373692150/permalink/452001751873676/

Or
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1cpsqEmvlpa4A4qDPLVGbqlwMfpqnZ0EM?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems   62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

62Hilger Introduction and fuel problems
Page 1 of 1